Photo

Update W/pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 chripsch

chripsch

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 01:27 AM

Also, once it IS released, I may look at doing a small diesel route in-between this Ozark Northern installment

Did I read right??? Diesellllllllllllllll! The Ozark Norhtern with Diesel!Andre you make me lucky! S1-S4, RS1 to Rs3 and some 44tonners that will be great. Perhaps some dieseld mixed trains for the people in the Ozarks, too?

You`re great Andre!

Christian

#22 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:32 AM

Christian askd...

"Did I read right??? Diesel! The Ozark Norhtern with Diesel!"

Not exactly. I MAY consider doing a smallish diesel route after this route... but it very likely will NOT be a diesel version of the Ozark Northern. The Ozark Northern is extremely "1890's", not only in visuals, but in construction philosophy also. That is, the line is builit to "speculatory" standards. Namely: Sharper curves, steeper grades to avoid tunneling, large timber trestles to bridge gaps rather than costly fills, etc.

During the late 1800's early 1900's, many railroads were built using "speculatory" construction standards, and few of them survived into the diesel era. Typically, their cost of operation would exceed their revenue once the profitiable natural resources were harvested, and demise was inevitable.

No, it will likely NOT be a diesel version of the Ozark Northern.

It's a big ol' USA outside the Ozarks... no telling where I could build a diesel route. thumbsup.gif

#23 chripsch

chripsch

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:30 AM

Hi Andre santa.gif innocent.gif

...hhhm lets guess.
Its hilly,
owns tunnels,
steep grades,
Alco-switchers,

and is it not the LNE? wink.gif

The jubilee CCT??? (Central California Traction)
...too far away from you, right.
Something like the WVN like Digital rails anounced two
years ago?

http://www.wvrail.ra...vnrr/index.html

Just three locos and the terrain I`ld love rolleyes.gif

Not...
What a pity...

Ok, there are too much possibilities where you could
build one unsure.gif

I surrender sad.gif

Ok, give me a tip wink.gif

I am very curious...
I just love your routes! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Christian laugh.gif

#24 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:04 AM

"...hhhm lets guess."

Way too early to even venture a speculation as to what I could do. I just know that I wouldn't mind creating a nice little diesel route.

> CCT or WVN

Nope. Neither of those. Besides, DR announced the WVN, so it would be inappropriate to consider that line.

"Ok, give me a tip

I am very curious... "

Sorry Christian... way too early to venture a guess. devil.gif

"I just love your routes!"

Well thanks. Your enthusiasm in notable!

#25 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 01:39 PM

Quick pic of an in-progress location on the Ozark Northern: The St. Paul area.

Number 3 is crossing the White River as the crew's on their way to switch the large Phipps Lumber Company complex. In the back ground is St. Paul proper.

No detail placed as yet, merely roughing in the overall scene.

Attached Files

#26 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 01:51 PM

Andre, that water is starting to look seriously superb (and, btw, not the sort of river you would want to fall into - equally serious).

Excellent work - I know from what I have seen already that this is going to be a beautiful route, with stunning vistas, townscapes and now some equally stunning textures to add to the atmosphere - and it is certainly going to take Andre's niche period on another stage or three biggrin.gif .

Thanks for sharing again maestro.

Rodster

#27 Redwall

Redwall

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 02:42 PM

Looks great. When this is downloadablem I'll deffinately get it biggrin.gif

#28 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:49 PM

Since we're talking water... I'm sparing no expense in working in some decent water scenes. Below is what I'm working on tonight. You're looking at the White River alongside the main that leads to St. Paul, Arkansas. Bear in mind there are no filler trees, details or terrtex painting in place as yet, merely placing water textures at this point.

Going to be a fun route.

Attached Files

#29 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:15 AM

Unbelievable! Superb! Outstanding! And every other accolade that can be thrown out there. Great looking river, Andre. thumbsup.gif

Now, however comes the question. I guess all of this happened since I have been gone. I have missed something. Are you planning an addition to your last route? And it is going to go northward? When did all this come about, Andre. First thing I have heard about it! What happened with the LNE route? Not enough time, I would guess. But hey, that's fine with me. I am a real steam lover and especially Jon's steam engines and I love your routes Andre, so I am not only surprised to learn this is happening but am tickled pink! wub.gif wub.gif This is great. The pics of it look great. I apologize for asking this as it is probably in a thread here somewhere a while back, but just what is this new extension or addition to the other route? How long is it? And what can we see in the way of motive power for it. I assume Jon is the man doing the work for that. No one better in my humble opinion, for the job.

Well, I am certainly glad to see that you are getting some time to create this add on route, as I guess it will be. From a real steam lover, I thank you sir! And my apologies for not knowing anything about it until now! But I am loving it. What a picturesque and beautiful route this will be. Love the trestles bridges and the water Andre. Great work! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif wink.gif

Tim H