Photo

UNION PACIFIC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 moose49

moose49

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:20 PM

biggrin.gif
Chip,
didn't think that the U.P. set needed anything but these updates have improved them. Thanks a bunch.

#2 oakpalms

oakpalms

Station Clerk

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:11 AM

I was able to download the updates for the SD-40's and the GP-38's, but not the "http://dekosoft.com/...s/common15.exe" common files. It would appear that Dekosoft has a bad url link since I have never seen an executable files as a part of a link address, but that is what you get when you click on the line to download the common 1.5 version files.

I hope they get this corrected.

Bob Edwards

#3 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

We've been having server issues today but the installer should be available now.

#4 BCRbudd31

BCRbudd31

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:52 PM

Chip an awesome update to the UP engines.

Thanks.

#5 USAF-FE Warren

USAF-FE Warren

Station Clerk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:56 PM

hey chip, just wondering, are updatiing all your super set packs to this improved model? I know the bn pack wont need it since it was the first set to have this model, but everything before it are you working on. Im not trying to rush you at all, just was curious. I love how that up pack looks now, thanks so much!!

#6 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:32 PM

Yes, the current plan is to update the Super Sets across the board, though the progress is moving slowly. (Note that the latest UP updates are only betas -- the official 2.0 update isn't finished.) There will be some reorganization, too -- particularly, the CSX set is going to be broken up into more logical groupings of early and late paint schemes.

#7 cdebnam

cdebnam

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:38 PM

Will any changes be made to the sounds? The complaint that I have with the sounds for the units is that when in idle it doesn't sound like the 645 engine in idle. The pitch seems to be higher than what the 645 sound would be. The other waves for the engine sounds are really good. wink.gif

#8 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:49 PM

Honestly, to me the sounds do sound more like that of a jet engine... laugh.gif

Our member B32BWH here posted this video...

http://s5.yousendit....S62ZO2KUT0MOBXC

Got yet to see a 645 sound set that sounds like THAT! laugh.gif

(Of course that is not meant as offence in your direction, just as a statement. I know that putting together sounds for MSTS is a rather tedious task and very much depends on the samples that are available.)

PS.: Actually, I really do not know of ANY payware/freeware addon which has prototypical 645 sounds tongue.gif

PPS.: Sadly, the closest one came to a good 645 soundset was the SD40-2 sound in Trainz... blush.gif

#9 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:35 AM

No sound update planned for the next release, but looking for possible resources.

#10 cdebnam

cdebnam

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:21 PM

Maybe not with the next release for sounds but at least you're on top of it and that's what matters. wink.gif. I'm sure there are folks out there that will gladly help in giving you very close to authentic sounds for your locos. wink.gif

#11 Solarnet

Solarnet

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:10 PM

Any chance of a cople of other models to go with the UP Set? I'd be willing to pay for more. Here's a couple of suggestions.

UP SD50
UP SD60
UP SD60M

Thanks

Richard

#12 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:11 PM

A couple of new additions are in the works for the UP set. Next announcement to come around Thanksgiving.

#13 Solarnet

Solarnet

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(dekosoft @ Nov 11 2005, 01:11 PM)
A couple of new additions are in the works for the UP set. Next announcement to come around Thanksgiving.

Cool!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work

Richard

#14 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:27 AM

Wow!!! Cannot wait! laugh.gif

Those updates to the SD40s and GP40/38 locos really did push them a ways forward.... smile.gif

#15 JRaptor

JRaptor

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:24 AM

I would like to see Deko do some widecabs!

#16 akajim

akajim

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:57 PM

Have you tryed Ron Furto's (645) SD40 sounds in the TS library, I think you will like them; as well as his GP7(567) sounds. Check them out!

Ron K of Rockford