Photo

8/18/04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:23 AM

The hectic personal schedule continues, but a few things to note:

Received the first test shot for an LNE caboose from Gaetan. Very nice model work. Route work at Pen Argyl will recommence soon.

I've been busy with what little disposable MSTS time of late working on putting together the pieces needed for a project that's going to be inserted into my production schedule right after releasing Part One of the LNE. Probably way too early to give specifices, so I'll just say that it's steam. It's prototype. It's early era... and it will be fabulous. biggrin.gif

In all, I'm excited about all the projects on the way.

Well, all for now.

Andre

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:38 AM

Awww... why not post a preliminary teaser about the future project?

Anyone care to guess the following:

What railroad?

Where is it?

What era?

Andre

Attached Files

#3 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:05 PM

COLORADO MIDLAND!

Haggerman Pass

Herb

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:11 PM

You got 1 out of 3 right, Herbie!

Care to try again?

Andre

#5 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:13 PM

Nope. A SWAG on the location. Could be anywhere from Colorado Springs to just west of Nowhere (the western terminus)! biggrin.gif And probably closer to 1895.

Herb

#6 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:15 PM

Now THAT is a turn of the century 4-6-0! Do I detect a little Jon Davis work?

Herb

#7 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:23 PM

That'll be interesting! The only knowledge of the Colorado Midland is that from a late friend that modeled both in HO and what he called 7/16 scale. The best way I can describe 7/16 scale is G scale equipment at prototypical lenths. Over a period of months I watched him cut 3 different cars and make two "correct" lenght cars out of the pieces. Seems like he used custom made draft gear and metal trucks under 'em. Really neat scale...not for a small area at all!! laugh.gif

#8 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:12 PM

River Sub. Through Northeast Arkansas tongue.gif

So what now, you got two projects, man I just get mad tryin to repaint biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Jonathan T.

#9 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:31 PM

Herb:

Actually, you done pretty good. It would be hard to define just exactly "where" on the CM that particular shot was taken!

The segment that will be modeled will be the Ute Pass section. That is, from the Colorado Springs area over the top of Ute Pass at Divide, and down to Florisant, on the western side. Helper grades both ways. Maximum prototypical grade will be 4.2% on the westward trek.

The era will be 1893-1894 to take advantage of the construction of the Midland Terminal Rwy from the connection with the CM at Divide.

Correct again on that being a Jon Davis creation. Jon has been consigned to build the entire fleet of equipment that will be needed for the CM project. The CM will be a first class effort in every way.

Zack:

Yup, well do I recall the modeling efforts of the late Albert Black and his beloved Colorado Midland.

JT:

As for having two projects: Aside from spending a bit of time converting the existing CM track to ScaleRail, it will not have any serious work accomplished on it until after phase one of the LNE is complete. I hope to start on the CM after the first of the year. This will give Jon Davis time to create the fleet that will be needed to bring it to life.

Andre

#10 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:57 PM

Will the CM Be more, People, I mean populated, and as for the LNE, got a shot of that ole' caboose, like to see it, Gaetan is one of the best out there, I wish he could do some for the STL&NA but I guess me and Rod and Mike and whoever else can handle that rolleyes.gif

#11 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:11 PM

JT:

More populated?

Yes and no.

Colorado City will be a significant small city (for 1893). However, once started up Ute Pass... it gets wild and wooly before more civilization is passed through. The smaller towns along the way will be about like Walden on the North Arkansas, some perhaps a bit larger. Florisant was really a railroad "place" more than a city, owing to the fact it was at the foot of the eastbound helper grade. Florisant will be about like Seligman on the North Arkansas.

Help or hurt?

Andre

#12 moose49

moose49

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:20 PM

rolleyes.gif

Andre,

guess I'll just send you my spare banc-card and pin no that way you can just send this great stuff to me as it's done. This stuff all sounds great!!! Well back to gettin #3 out of the pea patch again.

#13 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:01 PM

Does it have dem' MONSTER Grades, you know where you have to crawl up it to make it, also I'd like to see a big ole' City like Chicago or such made in the 1890's wink.gif

Thanks,
Jonathan T.

#14 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:44 PM

Jeff:

Hey, that works for me! biggrin.gif

JT:

Tough grades indeed on the CM. The ruling grades on the CM are steeper than the North Arkansas. The stoutest grade on the North Arkansas is a tick less than 3%, and is very short. (Northbound into Seligman.) The steepest grades on the CM are 4% and stretch for several miles.

Chicago??? I don't think so!

You have to remember that there many factors in MSTS that will limit the amount of track and scenery objects you can have on a tile.

Andre

#15 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:47 PM

While I'm thinking about it... here's another view of CM #25...

She's a beaut, ain't she?

Andre

Attached Files

#16 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 April 2000 - 03:51 AM

I didn't mean Chicago, somethin like Denver in the 1890's wink.gif

Looks good, hope to see more of it in the future and the LNE cool.gif

Thanks,
Jonathan T.

#17 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:56 PM

JT:

Now that the CM deal is explored/on the books, I have returned to the LNE, so expect to see updates resume.

Andre

#18 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:06 AM

Good, RE helps your nerves, or hurts them laugh.gif

Post about it any time, I am runnin the Lehigh Valley know so I am kinda waitin to see what you got ready for us wink.gif

Thanks,
Jonathan T.

#19 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:30 PM

THAT 4-6-0 IS DYNAMITE! Yes, I'm yelling! That little hummer may be my first personal reskin. I'd love to see it working on NA! Or Rollins. Or ???? Whatever! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Herb

#20 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:51 PM

Herb:

Told you she was a beaut, didn't I? biggrin.gif

Speaking of D&RG... did they have any consolidateds and/or ten wheelers with these proportions?

Andre