Photo

Activity (11) Rainy Monday question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shaa

Shaa

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:04 PM

Hey Andre,

I'm half way thru this puppy and was wondering about the meet in Grandview? In 2nd popup get info of meet in Grandview so's I gets there and waits and waits and waits. Finally figured I might have missed something so slap open AE and noticed no traffic on this one. Typo maybe?

Jim

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:50 PM

Arrgghhhhh! mad.gif I missed another one.

Yes, the first timed pop up has "Stringbean" mentioning a meet at Grandview. That traffic was deleted and I THOUGHT all the pop-ups mentioning it were either edited or removed. I missed that mention of it.

Jim: Since you've apparently reached act #11... in the previous acts, did you have any other false messages causing such a misunderstanding in ANY of the other activities?

Reason: I fined tuned the activities until all the AI/etc were performing as designed when I personally ran the activity. Then I sent the first batch of activities to my beta testers. They were having timing troubles, so, I went back and eliminated some of the problematic meets, that meet in #11 being one of them. I have somehow overlooked the mention of it by Stringbean in the first pop up. blink.gif

Sounds to me like I need to go through each activity and double check for other typos. If I find more, perhaps an update is in order.

Andre Ming

#3 Shaa

Shaa

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

This is the first typo I came across that I noticed anyways. I learned to write down anything important from the flimsies and popups so I remember everything I need to do and thats why I came across it. The switching at Walden gave me fits at first till I realized I was trying to figure out how to exchange cars on the wrong siding....DOH!! You can give a simmer instructions but you can't make them read em blink.gif Worst part was I actually came up with a great plan of attack before I realized my error blush.gif Anyway I'll keep my eyes open and if I see anymore will let ya know.

Jim

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:10 PM

"You can give a simmer instructions but you can't make them read em"

laugh.gif I thought I was the only one like that!

"Anyway I'll keep my eyes open and if I see anymore will let ya know."

Good deal. 'Preciate it.

One thing that is likely the most dependable information conveyance when starting an activity: The F11 key.

If it says it within the F11 key, then it is 99% likely that it WILL be an event that will either happen as written, or will be modified or otherwise contended with.

A "crew member's" chit-chat may not be 99% accurate... I may have missed editing another one or two when I redid several of the activities when being developed. Guess this too simulates real life, huh?

Andre