Photo

Download: Engine #3 v1-1 Repaint

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:41 AM

Check the thread. My download link for this repaint appears ". . .on down the road."

--
Mike

#2 Shaa

Shaa

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:18 AM

Thought I'd do a quick pic of all 3 versions together. You can't see the white lettering as good on mine but you already have that above cool.gif

Attached Files

#3 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE(Shaa @ Jun 26 2004, 01:18 PM)
Thought I'd do a quick pic of all 3 versions together. You can't see the white lettering as good on mine but you already have that above cool.gif

Thank you! Comments (and photos!) like yours are the best notes of appreciation, and the fuel that keeps me doing what I do for the route.

Great shot!

--
Mike

#4 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:56 PM

Well, I certainly wasn't aware of that. Could you tell us where you got that information, just so we know? Thanks Mike. Looks like I will have to go and do a nose job and other job on my number three engine. Hmmm. Well, I guess it makes sense because you certainly can see it more clearly. And guess most if not all engines were black as well.

Thanks for the info Mike. You are certainly keeping me busy tonight! wink.gif

#5 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(zhivago47 @ Jun 26 2004, 11:56 PM)
Could you tell us where you got that information, just so we know?

I don't have a short answer to your question, sorry. My research is electronic and the information sources not bookmarked and the citations lost. Were I publishing a book, I'd have taken bibliographical notes. wink.gif

I found more than one discussion of railroad rolling stock paint schemes which spoke of pre-war steam locomotives being lettered in white regardless of the colors used elsewhere.

--
Mike

#6 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:27 PM

Without claiming historical expertness, my research uncovered several citations suggesting locos of the 1905 period were all lettered white, regardless of the lettering colors of cars in the consist.

This and other major appearance changes cause me to release this Version 1-1 for your period railroading pleasure on the St. Louis & North Arkansas. Mikie likes it.

Full instructions in the download ReadMe file.

--
Mike

http://www.3dtrains....&f=52&t=4514&s=

Attached Files