Photo

First Look At THE NEXT ONE..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:29 PM

Ain't she a BEAUT????

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Andre "Feelin' Goofy" Ming

Attached Files

#2 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:46 PM

Let me guess, the St. Louis and South Arkansas???

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Rich G biggrin.gif

#3 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:30 PM

Looks good to me Andre! I would make a guess too but may get it right and I know you wouldn't want that at this point! wink.gif

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:37 PM

Eat your heart out Garber. biggrin.gif

Tim:

You might be surprised... wink.gif

Andre

#5 jbt1024

jbt1024

Superintendent

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:38 PM

O my god, look at the detail and Track Work, O that is right there is only one piece of track blush.gif

#6 ChiliLine

ChiliLine

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:40 AM

I thought it was double-tracked through that part of the route, or is this before they added the second track? laugh.gif

Andy

#7 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:54 AM

I think the left marker faces South. wink.gif

#8 Shaa

Shaa

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:05 AM

Has the pre-sale started yet? laugh.gif

Jim

#9 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:54 AM

LOL!!!! A classic Shaa, a classic! laugh.gif

Rich G

#10 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:50 PM

I am laughing to hard to even type straight Jim. I agree Rich, that was certainly a classic!!!! I can't stop laughing! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Has the pre-sale started yet? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sorry. Didn't mean to get carried away or make anyone upset about anything but I can't help it........ laugh.gif laugh.gif

#11 mjs2101

mjs2101

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:19 PM

Hey, maybe this is the future and the rest of the railroad is invisible! biggrin.gif

Anyway, gotta start someplace! smile.gif

Mykel

#12 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:13 AM

my hysterical research shows that the PBS & Barney RR used purple colored ballast, so this project is already doomed. I refuse to preorder until this glaring omission is corrected.... tongue.gif

#13 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(laming @ Jun 25 2004, 08:29 PM)
Ain't she a BEAUT????

Personally, I think it might look just a tad better in ScaleRail clothing, but then I'm biased. wink.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#14 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jun 29 2004, 10:23 AM)
Personally, I think it might look just a tad better in ScaleRail clothing, but then I'm biased.

Marc, Please! It took him three weeks to get that far. Don't confuse the man! wink.gif

#15 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:39 AM

My first operation of a steam locomotive was on a track about that long. Spent most of the day horsin' her over. Johnson bar worked real smooth after that. Brings back memories of FRR Shay #3 (Now CASS 11).

Throw in the three truck shay and I'll buy it! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#16 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:43 AM

Re: various replies...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You guys are a hoot.

smile.gif

Andre

#17 woodhous

woodhous

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 01:52 PM

Andre,

Absolutely fell in love with the North Ark'. Between that and Rich's Canton I'm in 7th heaven. Think maybe you've joined the ranks with such folks in the physical model railroad side of this hobby as Ellingson (Delta Lines). Allen (Gorre & Daphetid/Devils Gulch & Helengon), McCleland (V&O), Ellingson (Delta Lines), Armstrong (Canendagou Southern (sp)) along with a few others my older mind has trouble remembering. In the electonic world, there's a number you join whose names or railroads I've completely blown away for the moment - the Flatbucket Line, Mssr. Garber and East Metro (even though a development exercise) as well as Canton. and the gentleman modeling the electric/intururban route in Canada (Great Lakes Region). (My apologies for not looking up his name and the RR before writing this.) Thile there are other great roads being 'modeled', I, personally, believe these lines set new standards. The new physics is certainly cutting edge along with the work being done in the physical model field with digital train control.

When it comes to the 'story' , it's you, Garber and Allen. I think it's called humanizing.

By the way, I love shortlines, but the recent pics of your start on the L&NE are just a tad shorter than what I'd hoped for.

Wonderful railroad (North Ark), great activitiew, and marvelous story.

I think the DG&H had a conductor at one point whose grandfather (Horace P Vestibule) might be applying on (my version) of the North Ark. Seems the grandson, Horace P Vestibule III worked the DG&H after being referred (with great and glowing recommendations) from the Mssr Larry Grabert's Thief River & Chugwater. (Late 1950s.) Both were narrow gauge lines. Mssr. Horace's dimensions and weight were not narrow gauge. His beam was roughly narrow-gauge (3'). Weight was more like Russian standard gauge (5') Hopefully, the North Ark equipment would have been able to handle this situation. Will have to crank up the truss rods another turn or more, head back to the early 1900s and see how it worked out.

Erik Erickson
NE Iowa & SE Minnesota (Semi-)Ozark Type Region.

#18 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:46 PM

Hi Erik:

First off, I'm geniunely glad you're enjoying the North Arkansas, and especially glad that it "connected" with something inside you.

I guess that was what I always wanted to do with my model railroading. Alas, I never could pursue a layout through to completion in order to enjoy the final fruits of my labor. Plus, I couldn't offer the finished product to others for their enjoyment as well.

THAT aspect I really love about MSTS: We can impart our virtual "worlds" we've created to others.

I've long admired the modelers you mentioned. Allen McClelland had a profound influence on my diesel layout modeling, as did John Allen on my steam layout modeling. Way ahead of their time.

As for ol' Richie G: I was surprised to learn that we think alike in some ways! However, we also disagree in some others! rolleyes.gif Yet, through it all, a friend. He has a natural talent when it comes to presenting his imagination in this medium.

Wayne Campbell? (The fellow from Canada modeling the London & Port Stanley.) He is one of those 3D creators I call a "Master Modeler"! His model work, route work, texture work, ingenuity with this sim, et al, is simply incredible to this V scale enthusiast! Yet, he's one of the most humble and congenial modelers you'll ever have the pleasure to meet. I feel his work is simply cutting edge in every respect.

As for Horace P. Vestibule: I'll dispatch the bridge crews immediately to beef up the bridges on the North Arkansas! laugh.gif

Thanks for your post!

Andre Ming