Photo

Download: ST&NA Coaches

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:04 AM

See below.
--
Mike

#2 Mike

Mike

Engineer

• Beta Tester
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:17 PM

Understand there are no activities for these coaches (yet).

What we have here is a SL&NA set—a baggage car, and a coach. Photographs suggest the consist is one of each with no caboose.

The coach has a "5" view, but it has no lights (yet), and it needs them as the final car in the consist to run prototypically. Rather than hold release until the lights could be created, I am releasing these now. When lights for the coach are ready, I will offer an altered .wag file for download. It will be a small file. But can I be honest? Who runs these at night, anyhow?

For those wanting to see it before downloading, here is the full text of the accompanying ReadMe file:

Baggage & Coach Cars Re-skins for Andre Ming's SL&NA (Payware) Route
Re-skins by: Mike Apsey
Original Models: John Fowlis
Wag file Physics Modifications: Andre Ming

Although exact prototypical coloring for the SL&NA passenger rolling stock has been lost to existing B&W only photos, it's generally assumed the cars were tuscan (crimson) and some other color. I have taken artistic license and made them tuscan and dark green, which was common for the day. In addition, the saturation of the B&W photos suggests the second color, if one existed, was also dark as I have modeled.

There is no "interior view" in the baggage car, which should be placed ahead of the passenger car as I have done in the included consist. The coach *does* have an interior "5-view." REMEMBER: the first car in the consist to have a 5-view will take priority even if later consist additions also have a "5" view. In other words, if you later add a caboose to my consist, the coach will prevent its "5" view from being activated.

If you wish to disable the coach "5" view, please e-mail me for simple instructions.

INSTALLATION:
1. You must unzip to a temporary location to create the folder "NA_Coaches." Because these are NEW additions, there is nothing to back-up.

2. Once unzipped, navigate to where you did that deed and copy.paste the folder "NA_Coaches" and all its contents to:

[x]:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET\

3. Move the pre-made consist file "StLNA #3 Pax.con" here:

[x]:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\CONSISTS

NOTE: This consist calls the #3 Engine, and I recommend my reskin of #3 available in this forum.

Done!

THE FINE PRINT
I offer this as a freeware enhancement to your enjoyment of Andre's route. Kindly do not upload this OR ANY my works to a public archive without my express and written permission.

Questions, Comments?

--
Mike Apsey
mike at apsey dot org

http://www.3dtrains....&f=52&t=4514&s=

Attached Files