Photo

NA U23B

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 jones177

jones177

Senior 2-D Artist

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:46 PM

Hi
This is a repeat of the post I did in the Screen Shot forum.

I have been planning to buy V Scale Creations StL&NA route for a long time. The trouble is I don't run steam. So I decided to do a fictional road in the diesel era to run on the route. Here is one of the repaints, a U23B by John D. Peterson. If you would like to test it you can download it at http://www.jones177.com/nau23b.zip
Later

Attached Files

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:21 PM

Neat, Bryan.

Fun is where you find it!

FWIW: 40 years after the era I've modeled on the North Arkansas, the entity that existed at the time, then called the Missouri & Arkansas, approached a diesel manufacturer about dieselizing. The manufacturer recommened 12 units to replace their aging steamers. Alas, there just wasn't any money to do so with.

And who was the manufacturer, you ask?

American Locomotive Co.

biggrin.gif

SOOOO....

Had they done that, the North Arkansas would have been running RS-1's up and down those mountains in the remainder of the 40's, in the 50's, 60's, and probably into the 70's!

Andre Ming

#3 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:37 PM

Thanks Bryan for that site. I have been wanting that engine ever since you showed it to me. Very nice looking engine. I do love the paint scheme. And although I am way behind in getting my website up, I haven't given up on it. Just that the summer is keeping me so busy during the day that I am having a heck of a time getting to it, and of course the nights are spent here and running this route and Rich's and Rollins/Moffat.
Geez no wonder I can't get my site done. Oh well, it's paid for so I have time. Seriously though, I am still working on it. And again, thanks for making the engine available. I really like Uboats and your paint scheme.