Photo

AI eng

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 #1_loconut

#1_loconut

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:51 AM

I run AI trains, but usually use my regular consists. Can you give me the "quick and dirty" like I'm a two year old... blush.gif

What do you guys edit out or change in so called "AI Engine" files? Do you just take out sound references, or what. What does an AI cab file include or lack that would make the engine not be driveable in regular player service?

Thanx

biggrin.gif Joe

#2 yellowdog

yellowdog

Just a grease spot on the L&N

• Beta Tester
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:56 PM

For an AI loco, make a copy of the *.eng file and rename it to *_ai.eng (or whatever helps you know it's an ai). Then open up the *_ai.eng file in wordpad and find all of the Engine, Wagon, and Name entries. Add the _ai tag to each one (or use whatever config you used when renaming the *.eng file). Then find and delete the Cabview line as well as the Headout line (some locos won't have this). You can also delete the sound line that includes the cab.sms file. Save your new _ai.eng file and create a consist. smile.gif (Somebody correct if I left anything out--it's been a little while since I've done this.)

#3 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:26 PM

I use the Ai sounds from the Deko UP PAck. It gives the correect sounds. AI engines will not use a regular sms file, the engines will always idle.

#4 #1_loconut

#1_loconut

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 06:15 PM

OK Great--

Thanx a lot, guys!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif