Photo

I'M SO STOKED!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:03 PM

I can't believe how good some of these activities are coming together!! Check out the paste below of an Activity Brief in a recent activity (FYI, the player train is Extra 3 North):

To C&E: Extra 3 North

There are six orders for your train:

T.O.1: Eng 4 run as Extra 4 North Berryville to Seligman

T.O.2: Eng 2 run as Extra 2 South Seligman to Eureka Springs

T.O.3 Extra 4 North pass Extra 3 North at Beaver

T.O.4: Extra 4 North has right over Extra 2 South

T.O.5: Extra 3 North has right over Extra 2 South

T.O.6: Extra 2 North take siding meet Extra 4 North and Extra 3 North at Walden

Work Orders:

Set tonnage on SLSF Back Track at Seligman.
Tie up engine & caboose on Seligman East Track

No signals. (Can't cheat and look at the F4!) No radios. All of the above is simulated using only train orders and intra-crew communication. The above is tested and works smooth as butter! Yippee!

Are YOU ready for this kind of railroadin'???? biggrin.gif

One more thing: You guys that end up getting the North Arkansas... promise me you won't reveal to others what takes place in the activities! They'll need to be experienced "sight unseen" to fully enjoy them.

wink.gif

Andre Ming

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:01 PM

Quick pic and bit of detail text at:

http://www.train-sim...mID15/3010.html

Have fun!

#3 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 07:25 PM

Great looking stuff Andre. Gonna be a keeper for sure. Gotta love steam! If not, you ain't railroading. smile.gif

Tim

#4 yellowdog

yellowdog

Just a grease spot on the L&N

• Beta Tester
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:50 PM

Fascinating work ya got there! I can't fully appreciate it, but I recognize you've got some amazing stuff going on there. I'm glad you've been able to make this stuff "as real as it gets."

#5 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:21 PM

yellerdawg said:

> Fascinating work ya got there!

Thank'ya kindly, Sir.

> I can't fully appreciate it, but I recognize you've got some amazing stuff going on there.

Sweet thing about V scale stuff is that you can hip-hop from era to era, place to place, rr to rr... no need to restrict ourselves like we did in HO or N scale! Point/Click: Play trains. On my hard drive resides all sorts routes depicting the gamut of themes, locales, eras. (Got something like 30 routes installed, some of them are for consideration as VSC "possibles" for future routes! smile.gif )

> I'm glad you've been able to make this stuff "as real as it gets."

Trying. I am incorporating all sorts of railroading experiences, both mine and others, into my activities. Whether or not that idea's successful remains to be seen!

As of tonight, there are now 12 activitities ready for beta testing. I want 6 more for the initial release. I expect there to be about 30 hours entertainment in the supplied activities alone.

Andre