Photo

Activity Updates 2/14/04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:17 AM

Hopefully, by the end of the weekend, I'll have the list below ready for beta. For giggles, here's the list of activities & descriptions waitin' on 'ya thus far:

New Hire Run #1:

"So you're a new hire on the North Arkansas, eh? Well, here's yer first student trip!"

New Hire Run #2:

"So you got yer first run under yer belt, eh? Well, I reckon' yer ready fer your next 'un!"

Rainey Day's & Monday's:

"Rainey Day's and Monday's always get'cha down? Well, it's a lousy day to be railroadin', but you're Marked Up now and on the payroll... so the works got to be done!"

Night Train:

"It's a cool, crisp Autumn night. You've finished a short layover at Berryville, now you've been called to run one all the way to Seligman. Come on Greenhorn, hop to it, Big Dog's a'waitin'... and you'd better keep yer steam up this time!"

Hound Dog Pt 1:

"Whew! You've been called for the "Hound Dog"! That's the local run from Eureka Springs to Seligman and back! It's called that 'cause when yer done yer gonna' be HOUND DOG tired!"

Hound Dog Pt 2:

"Still a long way's from done, ain't cha?"

Let It Snow Pt 1:

"It doesn't snow a great deal in the Ozarks, but when it does, it can pile up in a hurry. Been known to have 12" of snow on the ground in a matter of hours. It looks like a nasty winter storm's brewin' and The Company wants to get as much freight moved before it really sets in and possibly shuts 'em down. Did you hire out to work or to just sit on yer fanny an' twiddle yer thumbs?"

Let It Snow Pt. 2:

"Well, it's still a'snowin'! Bean time at Berryville's finished up. As the Boss goes in to the depot to see what The Company has wired in for you an' the crew... you're ready to grab your oil can and go oil'n 'round your hog. That done, it will be time to climb back up in that warm cab await the news... "

Yup, I'm just a slowly a'gittin' it.

Andre

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:09 AM

Quick pic from "Let It Snow Pt 2"...

Looks like you've got a bit of switchin' in order to gather up your train out of the Berryville Yard ahead!

Attached Files

#3 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:29 AM

looks like the activities are going to as interesting as the route itself. thanks in advance for all the hours spent in the route's creation. i'm looking forward to experiencing the fruits of your labors...

#4 zhivago47

zhivago47

Operations Manager

• Invalid Email
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 11:37 PM

My steam engines are revved up and ready to go Andre, just waiting for the word. Sounds like some great activities on what is surely to be a classic route, especially for us steam lovers. Congrats and thanks for all your hours devoted to this fine route. It is and will be much appreciated I assure you. You've done a heck of a job with it.

Tim

#5 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 01:59 PM

Thanks Tim.

I'm into the fun part for sure now: Bringing it alive via operation as was originally envisioned. It's gratifying to see the elements coming together operationally.

However, after this fun part, comes the tedium of house cleaning the folders, final tweaks to the textures and equipment, packaging... and FINALLY... release.

Andre