Photo

Switchin' At Eureka...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:54 AM

Took a couple of quick shots while doing some testing.

This is part of the town of Eureka Springs, Arkansas... circa 1901!

Attached Files

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:56 AM

Spottin' an empty box at Arkansas Ice Company to be loaded with iceblocks packed in sawdust...

Attached Files

#3 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 02:15 PM

Looking real nice. My collection of engines and rollingstock has nothing close to what your route will require. A whole new era is going to open up to me.

tongue.gif

#4 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(ckawahara @ Jan 9 2004, 04:15 PM)
Looking real nice. My collection of engines and rollingstock has nothing close to what your route will require.

Andre,
How would early GPs and post WWII rolling stock fit in with this route?

#5 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 03:14 PM

Andre,
I like that ten-wheeler! Is it in release? (Oh pleeeeease say yes!) wink.gif

#6 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 03:34 PM

Hi Feller's. Lessee' what you asked...

> Looking real nice. My collection of engines and rollingstock has nothing close to what
> your route will require.

Depending upon EULA's/etc, the small equipment package will be uploaded as freeware to Train-Sim.com. All activities will use the equipment in that package. So, assuming no EULA problems, what you see will be what you get!

> A whole new era is going to open up to me.

Well, that's the whole idea: Something very different for a change of pace for us hardcore simmers.

> How would early GPs and post WWII rolling stock fit in with this route?

Operationally, they'll be just fine. There are no ultra tight curves or such things that would cause GP's and 40'-50' rollingstock any problems. The only "problem" would be a visual one. That is, when you see this route in its entirety, it will be obvious it is from a different place in time all together. I guess one could go in to RE and delete the civilians and such that help to set the era... but essentially all of the structures are quite era-specific. BUT... that's one of the beauties of MSTS: A guy can run what a guy wants on a route... right?

> I like that ten-wheeler! Is it in release?

See above! smile.gif

Thanks for the interest... more pics later!

Andre

#7 hughes407

hughes407

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:40 AM

Andre,

Glad to see you are including some Frisco rolling stock. Frisco served the town of Rogers about 35 miles west of Eureka Springs where I grew up.

Don Hughes

#8 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:33 AM

Hi Don!

During that time frame, the North Arkansas owned no significant rolling stock that I can unearth. Thus, all rolling stock used on the route will be either from the SLSF or the Iron Mountain & Southern.

BTW: Raised in Rogers, eh? Assuming you're somewhere near my age (51), then you got to see some pretty neat Frisco stuff! I sure miss that railroad. Well, more properly, I sure miss specific ERA'S during that railroad's life. At the last, even the SLSF was in the "rationalization" mode and was ripping out track, tearing down structures, etc.

BTW2: If you like the Frisco, you may like what I'm contemplating for the route that's quequed up and waiting the completion of this one. However, that's another story best told another time. smile.gif

Andre

#9 Acela2020

Acela2020

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:42 PM

nice screenshots biggrin.gif