Photo

New Pic Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:50 AM

Here's a pic I took some time back... but thought I'd post it again for posterity's sake!

The train is leaving Beaver, Arkansas, bound for Seligman, Missouri, and is about to enter the Poker Bluffs area.

Andre

Attached Files

#2 asciibaron

asciibaron

Track Layer

• Beta Tester
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 06:16 AM

first thing i noticed was the FPS at 21 and then the awesome rock wall wink.gif

Andre, that looks great. i'm looking forward to the release, it will be a welcome addition to the fine assortment of quality routes that are available. it is a unique line in terms of theme and operations. what are the top speeds on the route - 25?

-steve

#3 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:43 AM

For giggles, thought I'd throw up another quick pic or two from RE...

Here's a look at the Kings River crossing. That's the remnants of a construction camp in the foreground.

Attached Files

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:46 AM

And here's another scene along the Kings River... if you'll look up on the hillside... you'll see the North Arkansas' line up there.

Oh... and you're close on the speed limit. Maximum speed is 30 MPH, however there are several places where you go be restricted down to 20 or even 10. (10 MPH for the White River and Kings River bridges, for example.)

Attached Files

#5 Acela2020

Acela2020

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:43 PM

is this route still in use today?

#6 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:25 PM

Alas, after many reorganizations, the line as a complete entity (i.e. from Joplin, Missouri to Helena, Arkansas) gave up the ghost September, 1946.

The last truncated vestige of any subsequence (the portion from Seligman, Missouri to Harrison, Arkansas) called it quits in 1960.

Today there is essentially nothing left other than patches of abandoned roadbed, and those are getting less and less discernable each passing year.

Ah, but through the magic of MSTS... the North Arkansas is building and booming again!

Andre

#7 Acela2020

Acela2020

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 02:41 PM

awesome.......do you think that the line will be converted to a bike path like they usually do when old railroads are ripped up? biggrin.gif