Photo

Welcome!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 05:56 AM

Please excuse the dust while we get Andre settled in... smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#2 Tim Frost

Tim Frost

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 06:11 AM

Oh, I guess I should move my dust spreaders to a different forum... come along now, there's a place for us somewhere...

You've really got a corner on the Train Simulation development market Marc. wink.gif Lots of people have a home here! smile.gif

Welcome Andre!

#3 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:20 AM

Congratulations on the new forum Andre! cool.gif

Rich Garber

#4 cell0518

cell0518

*Canon 300D Owner*

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:46 AM

Welcome smile.gif

Make yourself @ home laugh.gif

#5 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:50 AM

I have been assimilated. ohmy.gif wink.gif

Resistance was futile.

Marc = The Borg. laugh.gif

Just saw this here forum a few minutes ago... gotta' run off to church for a spell... will be back later to begin the carnage.

smile.gif

Andre

#6 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:00 AM

It is a nice home, comfy and cozy. All we need is a mini-bar.

#7 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:15 AM

What do you mean, mini bar? wink.gif

#8 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:17 AM

A regular one would be nice, but do we have the room? Granted Marc would be busy keeping it stocked.

#9 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:35 AM

Alright Andre....finally have a place to call your own... smile.gif

#10 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:28 AM

Welcome to "THE" Place to be. A new year, a new forum member... biggrin.gif

I think on behalf of use not-so-well informed, can you tell me what V-Scale Creations is all about?

Craig

#11 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:50 PM

Well, I see all my rowdy friends hang out here! (Posts above) laugh.gif

Craig:

You asked a very good question. I shall endeavor to answer it with a post that's less than novel in length. biggrin.gif

At this point, V Scale Creations essentially consists of: Me.

The term "V Scale" is simply a name coined that befits our hobby of virtual railroading. For decades, there's been HO scale, N scale, O scale... and now there's V scale!

Eventually, I will be corraborating with some of the affiliates at this site to bring some of the products to market that I have on the production schedule for the upcoming year. But for now, V Scale Creations is basically a one man effort.

Now, who is "me"? Well, I'm Andre Ming.

I've been a rail enthusiast for as long as I can remember... literally.

By primary vocation, I'm a Pastor. (And have been for more years than I can keep up with.) smile.gif

Over the years, though, I've also been involved with railroads, including being employed in the operations department (i.e. train service). Mainly my "hands on" experience has been with shortlines, but I also have much exposure to Class One railroading. I even have experience running standard gauge steam engines. Even now, many, many of my long time personal friends (and parishoners) are railroaders.

My interests within the realm of railroading are wide and varied, but could safely be summed up by saying that my interests are primarily North American. Other than that, I can find fascination in almost all aspects, era's, locales, and so forth.

It wasn't long after my introduction to MSTS (August 2002?), that I realized this was going to be my primary outlet for my railroad hobby.

Eventually, it dawned on me that this could be a great venue in which to incorporate my experiences and exposure to railroading, as well as some of the historical elements I've found fascinating over the years, into a medium that can be distributed to others, and hopefully would prove entertaining in the process.

Thus, V Scale Creations was born.

Into each route that V Scale Creations anticipates producing and distributing, I hope my exposure to railroading, and the experiences therein, will come through not only in the visual realm, but also in the operational realm. I'm anxious to try to bring the world of railroading to those that have never been able to actually be "out there" to experience it for themselves. IF I'm successful in this goal of bringing it to you, when you launch a V Scale route and select a supplied Activity, you will not only have a visually interesting route... but hopefully you will also get a sense of what it's like to work for a railroad, including facing the unexpected, having to make decisions on the fly, and even meeting and working alongside various fellow "employees" that become a part of a railroader's life.... even if it's only "virtual".

But hey, that's what V Scale Creations will be all about: Creating Virtual Worlds for Virtual Railroading!

As for what V Scale Creations is doing right NOW... well... at long last the first route is entering the final stages of development. More will be said about that in subsequents posts. (However, I will need to devote some of my MSTS time developing my new V Scale Creations website... so that will cost me some production time.)

Thanks much for the welcome, and thank you Craig, for letting me share with you what V Scale Creations is supposed be about!

Andre

#12 ckawahara

ckawahara

Conductor

• Beta Tester
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 01:21 PM

Its my priviledge to make your acquaintance Andre.

Thanks for the low down on V-Scale.

I hope to see 'teasers' soon of your upcoming endeavors here and at your soon to be web site. You know, so that we can ask "When is it going to be released?" questions.

I bet that you won't be a 'one man shop' for long. Not with all the crazy's around here.

Happy New Year to you and better cinch that seat belt/shoulder restraints down another knotch.

Craig

#13 Gixxer86

Gixxer86

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:42 PM

Congrats on the new forum Andre.Thanks for promoting the hobby.It's quite an important job in my opinion.I've been into MSTS since the beginning and I've always thought of it as model railroading.I'd like to see the "V" scale concept taken even further.Why not develop a set of standards similar to that used by the NMRA?Just an idea.

#14 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:07 AM

Now we need some Vn3!

Hey, Andre! How you been?

Herb Kelsey ohmy.gif

#15 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:22 AM

Herb Kelsey!! My lands, where did you come from?

Are you into V scale now?

From looking around, guess you can see what happened to me and Sn3/etc, eh?

Dude! Send me a PM and catch me up to date about what all's happening in your life.

Really nice to hear from you.

Andre "Been There, Done That" Ming