Registy Edit for the AE
Posted 12 October 2003 - 09:14 AM
- Run regedit. (Start->Run->type in regedit then press OK)
- Search the registry for HWRenderer. (Ctrl-F in the regedit window,
then type in 'HWRenderer� in the search field, I search only for
keys). It will take some time to find it during which the regedit
window does not change at all, there is no progress indicator.
- When HWRenderer is Found, on the right window pane click on the
first entry starting with AE_ , then hold the shift key and click
on the last entry starting with AE_. All the AE_ entries
should be selected.
Release the shift key. Press the 'Delete' key and delete all the
- Start the activity editor.
- Load an activity and ensure that view->service info is checked.
- Select tools->verify starting state
- The consist should appear in the 2D view
Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:40 PM
Easier to navigate by key.
- First click the plus sign of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Navigate to Software
- Now click the plus sign of Sofware
- Navigate to Microsoft
- Click the plus sign of Microsoft
- Navigate to Microsoft Games
- Click the plus sign
- Navigate to Train Simulator
- Clicking some other plus signs brings you to HWRenderer
And here is the complete key name
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0\HWRenderer
Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:51 AM
Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:40 PM
Thanks a million for the above. You don't know how much head scratching you just saved me!