5 replies to this topic

#1 ChessieGM50

ChessieGM50

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:21 PM

A while back I downloaded the Feather River Canyon Route but for some reason the track textures wont show up. I came here tried to download the Scale Rail here. The main download and the common textures downloaded alright but the update won't download and every time I try to download it my computers security system keeps detecting it as a threat. I do not understand why this is happening. Anybody have any ideas as to what is wrong?

#2 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:43 PM

Update D/Ls and ZIP opens with no problem.  Malwarebytes has no problem with file.

As to textures not showing:  How is your ORTS > Options > Experimental tab > Super-elevation level set?   ScaleRail does not come with a Profile.  If you have not made/installed a profile for it the Level setting must be Zero for the rail textures to show.  This is because ORTS requires a "Track Profile" for each rail type to display super elevation. 

A profile for ScaleRail is available at this post on the Train-Sim forum https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?334467-Feather-river-help&p=1972225#post1972225 

#3 ChessieGM50

ChessieGM50

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:02 PM

The textures are not showing up because I can't get the update to download. Like I said the update won't download because the security system keeps seeing it as a threat. I don't know why.

#4 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:06 PM

Then turnoff your Detection software and download.

#5 ChessieGM50

ChessieGM50

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:07 PM

Also when I first downloaded the route, the security system found something in it as a threat (I'm assuming the update) and it didn't download but the rest of the route did. I can load up the route fine and everything shows up except the tracks.

#6 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:11 PM

His problem turned out to be that the SR-track textures were not in his ....\Routes\WP3\Textures folder.  A reinstall of WP3 fixed his problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users