10 replies to this topic

#1 ron k

ron k

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:31 PM

Have had Sherman Hill since day one and have installed every update as they were released. Had this problem (no phone/power lines) once before and upon Mark's suggestion I was able to change some settings in my graphics card which solved the problem. Later on however, after installing one of the updates; I again lost the phone/power lines. This was some months ago so I've been kinda dragging my feet on this. My graphics card is a "ATI Radeon HD 4650 1 GB DDr2 memory". I have tried every combination possible with the card settings but to no avail. I deleted and re-installed the Sherman Hill v1.10.14.16 and today's update v1.12.23.16 but the problem still exists! Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated as I am currently at wits end!

Thanks in advance:

Ron Kiewel of Rockford

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

If it's been a while, make sure you have all files by downloading the latest full build and then applying the available updates afterward.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 ron k

ron k

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

If it's been a while, make sure you have all files by downloading the latest full build and then applying the available updates afterward.

Cheers!
Marc

I've already done that Mark as I stated in my original post. What I was saying is that it has been awhile since this problem showed it's head again.

Ron K

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:13 AM

Was the solution in an email between us? If so, then I can look it up and post back.

Cheers!
Marc

#5 ron k

ron k

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:24 AM

Was the solution in an email between us? If so, then I can look it up and post back.

Cheers!
Marc

The solution was a suggestion from you for me to adjust various settings on my graphics card, which I did and all was well until after installing one of the weekly updates after which lines were lost again. As of now, no amount of tweaking my graphics card is solving the problem. It's not a matter of life or death, just can't figure out why I once had the phone/power lines and now I don't.

Ron K of Rockford

P.S. Merry Christmas to you Mark.

#6 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:16 AM

Which Sim?  If ORTS, which version?

#7 ron k

ron k

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Which Sim?  If ORTS, which version?

MSTS for now!

Ron K

#8 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

Out of curiosity, do you have your in-game graphic sliders maxed? Also be certain that you select the 32-bit option within the game.

Cheers!
Marc

#9 ron k

ron k

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Out of curiosity, do you have your in-game graphic sliders maxed? Also be certain that you select the 32-bit option within the game.

Cheers!
Marc

Yes and Yes !

Ron K

#10 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

I can't think of much else, Ron. I'm not familiar with the ATI series of cards, except to ensure that you have the latest drivers and to check the antialiasing and anisotropic settings.

Cheers!
Marc

#11 ron k

ron k

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:29 AM

I can't think of much else, Ron. I'm not familiar with the ATI series of cards, except to ensure that you have the latest drivers and to check the antialiasing and anisotropic settings.

Cheers!
Marc

Thanks Mark, like I said before; it's not a big issue but just frustrating not being able to figure out why I had the lines and now I don't. I've had MSTS since day one and have learned all of the tricks.Havn't tried OR yet but it's on my "Bucket List". So with that I say keep the "Goodies" coming and "Happy Holidays" to you and yours.

Ron K of Rockford

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users