9 replies to this topic

#1 mononmike

mononmike

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:15 AM

Some how during updates I have lost all track in Sherman Hill.  I have installed scalerail and can not figure this out.  I'm assuming it's something simple and I'm a bonehead.  Thanks for great products and your help.

From the land of the Monon,

Mike

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

Hi Mike,

MSTS or OpenRails? Either way, have you tried reinstalling both the latest full build along with the current updates?

Cheers!
Marc

#3 mononmike

mononmike

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:17 AM

Open Rails.  Ill uninstall it and reinstall it (The route, right?)  I don't think I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Thanks

#4 darter7

darter7

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:00 AM

If you're using Open Rails, make sure you shut down the Super-elevation option.  That will bring back the tracks.  Again, this is in Open Rails.  If you're talking MSTS, sorry, I hardly run that program, so I can't help there.

#5 mononmike

mononmike

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

Where do I shut down the Super-elevation option?

#6 mononmike

mononmike

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:24 AM

I am using open rails.  Today I opened it in MSTS and I got several error messages referencing  No extended shape file for SR..... and Global/Shapes\SR.....  I have scalerail installed.  Also I have it on a laptop and the route runs fine in Open Rails and MSTS on the laptop.  At one point I transferred the route from the laptop to the desk top and made no difference. I have uninstalled the route and open rails and reinstalled them....same thing, no track.  currently I am slapping my head and saying whoop, whoop whoop like Curly Howard

#7 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:36 AM

If you're running the route in MSTS, either there's not enough memory to handle things or that the beta Tsection.dat is missing from the Global folder. Make Sherman Hill as a stand-alone route and that you include the beta Standardized Tsection.dat that's part of the route install process.

Cheers!
Marc

#8 mononmike

mononmike

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

I run open rails, I just tried it in MSTS and 8gigs of RAM.  I will make it a stand alone route, thanks

#9 mononmike

mononmike

New Hire

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:03 AM

Well, My scale rail files did not go into my GLOBAL SHAPES file.  I manually put them in and all is well.  Great route.  When I was 18 I went to Wyoming Tech and remember sitting on Sherman Hill in I80 watching semis brake drums glow red going down the hill

#10 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

Where do I shut down the Super-elevation option?

OR opening Menu > Options button (next to Start button) > Experimental Tab  > Set Level to 0 (top Left of tab window)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users