17 replies to this topic

#1 Crustie3of9

Crustie3of9

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

when I start to run Sherman hill it will run a while and the msts v1.4 stop working will pop up and shut down I have the latest updates any ideas ? And  what is the test act I tried it and it crashes also

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:56 PM

How many routes do you have installed?

Cheers!
Marc

#3 derek

derek

Yardmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:52 AM

You could also read up on the steam4me tutorials as they can aid reliability.

http://msts.steam4me...w7.html#xtramem

This is the most important one.

#4 Crustie3of9

Crustie3of9

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:39 AM

I think I have about 20 routes I will go back and count to be sure could that be part of the problem?

#5 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

I think I have about 20 routes I will go back and count to be sure could that be part of the problem?

Yes. MSTS will attempt to load all activities for those routes upon startup, which will place a great deal of overhead on a complex route such as the FRC. This is why we recommend creating a separate mini-route for the Feather River. Instructions for which you can find here: http://msts.steam4me...mini_route.html

Cheers!

Marc

#6 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

Another question is How many consist and how much Rolling Stock do you have?  As MSTS will load all of that also.  That is why many of us used Train Store or mini MSTS installs to lessen the load.  But today I highly recommend that you use ORTS to run the Sim as it only loads what is need for the activity you choose to run.  That way your PC is not burdened with thing you are not using. 

Another suggestion is to test all your Rolling Stock, consists, activities and routes with the various testing tools like ConBuilder and Router Riter and correct problems or remove problem files.  As one of the causes of such a crash as you describe is excessive errors.

#7 Crustie3of9

Crustie3of9

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

Ok so I went back and counted my routes I have a total of 42 routes in which half are just the routes with no activities yet and a few that are running the default consisted. Now as I went back and read the stream4me correct me if I am wrong it says you can't make a mini routes unless it has activities in order to make the routes work. Sorry I'm jumping around a little bit but back to Sherman hill goes it is when I start from the Laramie side just before the car dealership and warehouse is when the MSTS v1.4 pops up. There are no mile post to indicate where I'm located at this point. I've reduced my slider and run just my hyrail truck to see if it is the consisted size and it still will pop up in that same place ,granted if I start from other locations it works just fine.

#8 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

You'll have to let me know what the popup box message is.

Cheers!

Marc

#9 Crustie3of9

Crustie3of9

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

My man I like the way you respond back the msts v1.4 has stop working is what keeps Popping up in the same spot every time no matter what consist I run starting from the Laramie side of the route like I said I have reduce the sliders to no prevail it is a slow process on my part but I will get there with the proper guidance thanks :unsure:

#10 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

Did you try creating a mini-route for the FRC as I suggested above? Also, do you have MSTS Bin installed?

Cheers!

Marc

#11 Crustie3of9

Crustie3of9

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:29 PM

Yes MSTS bins is install have not make mini route of FR yet but going to can a mini route of Sherman hill be made also or do it need acts to do that? Last but not lease what is that test act when I go to it crashes also.

#12 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:55 PM

Yes, sorry - I meant creating a mini-route for Sherman Hill and not the FRC. For the time being, you can run in free roam from a spot in the starting point list.

Cheers!

Marc

#13 Crustie3of9

Crustie3of9

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:19 PM

Yes  I have bins installed have not made mini route of Fr yet, regarding Sherman hill can a mini route be made of it also and what is that test act  when it is implemented it also will crash the sim.

#14 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

The Path_Test.act i not really an activity. It is simply a means to allow key starting locations for exploring.

Cheers!

Marc

#15 Crustie3of9

Crustie3of9

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

Hi marc before I mess up anything I have a few questions 1.Do I have to  make an activity first or can the test act be used in making a mini route since it requires an act by it being in beta form can it be save as a mini route? :unsure:  2.Will the updates still be able to be apply to the routes even if it is a mini? Sorry for so many questions.

#16 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

1. No. The Path_Test act is all that's needed.

2. Yes, but you'll need to point the installer to the main MSTS folder where you installed the mini-route.

Cheers!
Marc

#17 Crustie3of9

Crustie3of9

Porter

• Route Beta
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

In the terrex file I did't see no copy_snow.exe or do you mean copy the Snow.ace_or Snow01_ace_the same also for the snow2.bat In the textures folder found no snow.exe the*.ace files for the winter. Are the files suppose to be pull from the  main terrex and textures file in the route folder are maybe it is worded different from the readme files

#18 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:59 AM

copy_snow1.bat and copy_snow2.bat are the included files that copy snow textures.

Cheers!

Marc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users