#1 DragonFly

DragonFly

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hi Marc,

I was wondering if there is any way to make the Bumpers work like Bumpers?. The Bumpers on the Track that Marias Pass has now work, you bump into one and you here a solid thump. No more running off the end of the track, even though it has a Bumper. smile.gif

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

I believe the parameters contained in the blueprints for the Marias Pass bumpers are the key to getting them to work. However, I haven't looked at the files myself. IIRC, there's a line following the shape calling for the Collision Geometry ID, as well as a section for Collision Component further down.

You might want to see if the bumpers in the RCAP example files work, and then use them or the ones from Marias pass as a basis for your own.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 DragonFly

DragonFly

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for your reply... I have not been able to find RCAP Buffer, and the one that is for Marias Pass is attached to the track, can't get it without placing a part of the track down.

I looked at the code in your Buffer, then the code within Marias Pass Buffer, even though most of it is the same, there is still quite a bit of difference. I don't know enough to make yours work the same, and I can't use the Marias Pass one, the two types of track just don't suite each other.

DragonFly smile.gif

#4 DragonFly

DragonFly

Brakeman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Even the old SanB Bumpers do the same as what the Marias Pass do... The bumpers work on those tracks, but when I place them on ScaleRail they don't work, the train just runs straight over and passed the Bumper.

So to conclude, it is something they added to their tracks/bumpers which yours don't have so their bumpers work on ScaleRail. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users