Photo

Problems with product

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Basili

Basili

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Sorry but now have another problem, after install the products, I load the RW and the moment for enter in the editor, I get always an error SBH, and if change the name of the folder 3DTRAINS no problem. But not have the products.
How I can resolve this?, Because I need to decorate vegetation, thank you.

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

I've never heard of this issue - change the name to 3DTRAINS? What was the name before that? FWIW, the files should be contained in <drive>\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets\3DTrains. No renaming is necessary.

Cheers!
Marc

#3 Basili

Basili

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jul 3 2013, 9:54 AM) View Post

I've never heard of this issue - change the name to 3DTRAINS? What was the name before that? FWIW, the files should be contained in <drive>\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Assets\3DTrains. No renaming is necessary.

Cheers!
Marc

No, the problem is that after installing the product correctly in their correct folder, if I try to enter the editor in a route that incorporates these addons, then gives the error. When this happens, if I change the folder name to 3DTRAINS, and I can edit the route perfectly, the problem of course, is that the vegetation does not appear then. It stands to reason that changing the name to that folder, the game will not find those addons and not jump the error.

Now there is, if the problem is because the installation did not correctly or otherwise.

It seems as if it could not re-edit a route incoropore these addons

The problem seems to be that on a route that incorporates these addons, the game fails for some reason. If I delete these addons, then everything works right, that means that something must be properly installed. That only happens when we enter edit mode, game mode everything works fine.

Thank you

Basili

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Try creating a new blank route and add the scenery to that to see if the problem persists. As mentioned, I have never seen this issue before, and the trees have been available since 2009.

Cheers!
Marc

#5 Basili

Basili

New Hire

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Jul 3 2013, 10:51 AM) View Post

Try creating a new blank route and add the scenery to that to see if the problem persists. As mentioned, I have never seen this issue before, and the trees have been available since 2009.

Cheers!
Marc

Hello, I tested with a scenario of a route I'm doing, between Mombasa and Nairobi, everything works flawlessly.
But two others that I have, I jump the SBH, if I try to enter edit mode, do not understand.

One thing, great vegetation and one more thing, would have been nice to have some acacia and some baobab, perhaps some may seem stupid, but is very characteristic this vegetation in Africa, thanks

#6 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

I can't imagine the problem being with the vegetation, as the models are simply view-facing polys with textures, and also that no one else has reported issues. There must be something else amiss.

Cheers!
Marc