0degree switch node issue
Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:52 PM
thanks by the way for the track profile. Works like a charm with dynatrax conversion.
Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:33 PM
Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:03 AM
If not, it's not a real huge issue. Since I'm not building with actual track plans and trying to be perfect, I little additional random track pull off here and there is no big issue.
Currently laying track from Creede, CO to Southfork, CO, and it's pretty much all single track.
It seems the issue occurs on the newer computers with newer installs rather than long established installs, but really can't say for sure. This is my first extensive work with anything other than KUJU/XTRACKS that I've used on my own personal route builds.
Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:33 PM
Might have different results with an older TSection, but there's only so far I was willing to backdate in order to use them...
Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:45 PM
Crashed and burned. I tried messing with the values in the tsection, but any knowledge of its inner working have been lost over time. Sorry, but I'm unable to solve this one - worked fine before - I developed the pieces while working on the Mountain Sub. I'll have to see if I can find the backups.
Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:00 AM
Specifically, broken couplers and long distances between nodes doesn't seem to be a problem in OR, and I'm already blowing thru the limits imposed by MSTS in other areas (e.g. poly counts and draw calls), so I don't see a need for the dummy nodes anymore.
Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:15 PM
Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:39 PM
I will still be working the 0 node issue, as I'm not switching to open rails just yet. Gonna give it more time to get developed and some more kinks worked out. I pretty much just use it for eye candy teaser from time to time.