Photo

Where is 3DTrains going?-Part 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 wpman

wpman

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hi, I have recently (in the last 6 months) been switching over from MSTS to Railworks and have been reading a lot of different forums and posts to get up to speed with railworks and all that it has to offer. On one particular post it was hinted that Marc may be working on Tehachapi Pass.
http://www.3dtrains....showtopic=17596

I am wondering Marc if you still are working on this route. I say this because while it was not openly stated in the thread in the link above, there were plenty of clues given. One of them given by Dave Nelson- January 13-you might want to add 1952. biggrin.gif

http://www.tahoetopi...s-trapped-train

And the other was by you Marc-California Zephyr detouring over it.

http://groups.yahoo....ON/message/8341

I am just curious! biggrin.gif

Lance (wpman)

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

The route was indeed Tehachapi, but most was lost in a HD crash a couple of months ago. I actually had two versions - one modern, and the other a throw back to pre-1964 before Allard was merged into Bealville siding. I took an older modern backup and relaid the track with super elevation to Bakersfield, but the signal project (one started for Tehachapi) has got me distracted, not to mention a few updates that are long overdue for other MSTS/RW packages.

sig2.jpg sig4.jpg

I'm not sure what to do at this point - I love laying track and tinkering, but a one-man op producing a prototype route of any size, especially one as long as Tehachapi, is a tedious and near-impossible task. Making things worse is my own over-engineering of everything. laugh.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#3 jmslakings

jmslakings

Stationmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Mar 24 2013, 10:16 PM) View Post

I'm not sure what to do at this point - I love laying track and tinkering, but a one-man op producing a prototype route of any size, especially one as long as Tehachapi, is a tedious and near-impossible task. Making things worse is my own over-engineering of everything. laugh.gif

Cheers!
Marc

Marc, Ive got to say those are the most realistic signals Ive ever seen in a train-sim. You are right about route building that's alot of work for one person. You have created some great scenery packs for railworks. Why not create a wayside signal pack or some type of asset pack like the guys are doing for RCAP. I think that would be a cool payware project.

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

A signal pack would be cool, but it's all supposed to be for ScaleRail anyway. A beta should be available soon. smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc