Photo

Building a computer to run Railworks reliably

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 SAR704

SAR704

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

I'm in the market for a new motherboard and CPU to run Train Simulator 2013. Could anyone here offer me some suggestions on what might be some suitable hardware to run this program reliably? At the moment, with the hardware failure I've encountered this year, I would merely like the computer to last at least 3 months without it turning into a paperweight again. My budget is around $150 to $200 for the 2 items.

These are some of the specs -

Thermaltake TR2 600
4GB DDR Ram (exact details unsure of)
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
Antec Sonata lll case
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB

Any help would be appreciated smile.gif

#2 kansasboy

kansasboy

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(SAR704 @ Nov 8 2012, 1:05 AM) View Post

I'm in the market for a new motherboard and CPU to run Train Simulator 2013. Could anyone here offer me some suggestions on what might be some suitable hardware to run this program reliably? At the moment, with the hardware failure I've encountered this year, I would merely like the computer to last at least 3 months without it turning into a paperweight again. My budget is around $150 to $200 for the 2 items.

These are some of the specs -

Thermaltake TR2 600
4GB DDR Ram (exact details unsure of)
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
Antec Sonata lll case
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB
Any help would be appreciated smile.gif

I would Suggest an Asus motherboard with crossfire support, and add a second HD 4850 , and an AMD FX processor With a cooler Master Hyper 212 plus cooler and an over clock.

#3 hminky

hminky

Mechanic

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE(kansasboy @ Nov 25 2012, 7:21 PM) View Post

I would Suggest an Asus motherboard with crossfire support, and add a second HD 4850 , and an AMD FX processor With a cooler Master Hyper 212 plus cooler and an over clock.

Railworks doesn't support crossfire.

Harold