Photo

New to Train Simming

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 SpeedbumpJoey

SpeedbumpJoey

Railfan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hello everyone,

My name is Joey, I live in Dallas and I am an avid aviation enthusiast. However, I have also enjoyed trains and their majestic nature, although my depth of knowledge on trains is far lacking compared to my aviation knowledge. I really look forward to becoming involved in train simming. I have been gawking at TS2012 for nearly 4 months now and finally had an opportunity to pick it up. Problem is, I don't know where to begin! There is so much to add and so much to learn, it will definitely be exciting.

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

Welcome to the group, Joey! If you have specific questions, ask away and I or someone else here will try to assist. smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#3 omahaTom

omahaTom

Railfan

• Valued Customer
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Welcome Joey! Those Aviation Sims are no joke! Pretty much every new reality-based video game that comes out blows my mind, anymore! I can definetely see your interests easily transfer to TS2012... It takes a special kind of nerd (like us;-), to see the beauty of simulation games! Good to have you on board! smile.gif

Tom L cool.gif
Omaha, NE

#4 Randarino

Randarino

Railfan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Hi Joey...and guys.

I too am an avid Flight Simulator fan...also Auto Racing Simulator (www.iracing.com) and now Trains.

I just got into trains several days ago with another buddy and am starting to be able to do a few things without over speeding all the time or running it off the track.

I am retired so I have a lot of time to play with my hobbies.

Nice to find you all and look forward to reading your posts.