Photo

I'm Famous! I'm On Youtube!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Over the past several months, there's been some railfan's doing their thing with videos and what have you. Just found out that this stuff is posted to Youtube. Welp... here's some videos of fearless Coonskin running up and down the line in the Alco's. I'm famous!! cool.gif rolleyes.gif

First up: Haulin' the mail (passengers, actually) headed north to the mountains on a somber winter day...

http://www.youtube.c...;feature=relmfu

If you like Alco sound n' smoke, here I am on the FS-WN PSGR train leaving Van Buren for the mountains. Skip ahead to about 3:30 to bypass a lot of sitting.

Here's a couple of me entering the yard. Coming down a 1.9% grade there, the street is the bottom of the grade. First one is a short little train... we had to line up so we could go on down the main and yard the train.

Here's the same location, this time coming down from track speed to 10 MPH and dropping over 5000 tons of sand into the yard and diverging onto the yard tracks (instead of highballing on down the main).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=313iv6fWb_M&feature=plcp

Then here's one from today!!! In this one, I'm running the Fort Smith switch job and we're leaving the SF Jct headed south. That's the KCS in the background, waiting for us to clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfy_hoCnj00&feature=plcp

I'm so AWESOME! rolleyes.gif

Hope you enjoyed!!

#2 charliechan

charliechan

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

Good Morning:

Well I can't say you are going to win the Brad Pitt look alike contest, but I think I enjoyed those better than his last movie.

Thanks for letting us know about them.

Chandler

#3 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Awesome ALCO video Andre. Thanks form the heads up I could get lost watching those wink.gif

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

You're welcome guys! And glad you enjoyed seeing my "rolling offices".

#5 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Its always awesome to be able to see friends you know that are railroaders plying there trade. The ALCO's are an added unique bonus. Maybe some day your boss will allow a cab video.... wink.gif smile.gif

#6 SeanK97

SeanK97

Operations Manager

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Must admit, I am a bit jealous myself. Love them Alco's:)

#7 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

What a find Andre - really liked that first entry to the yard, with the switch having to be thrown. Little bits like that make watching trains go by so much more interesting.

Great stuff (yep, awesome is the word biggrin.gif )

Rod

#8 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Glad you all enjoyed it.

Seems sort of odd having groups of "paparazi" following along and video taping/shooting pics, etc pretty often on the A&M. (Alco's invite that, me thinks.)

FWIW: The other evening (I'm working nights this week) there was a shoot line of three photogs as I came storming up out of the river at about 20 MPH in 8 notch on a trio of Alco's and a whole bunch of tonnage behind me. Should have made a good video if one of them was shooting video. Maybe it will show up on Youtube?

Anyway... glad you enjoyed!

"Awesome" Andre

#9 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(laming @ Jul 4 2012, 2:12 PM) View Post

... Seems sort of odd having groups of "paparazi" following along and video taping/shooting pics, etc pretty often on the A&M. (Alco's invite that, me thinks.)

FWIW: The other evening (I'm working nights this week) there was a shoot line of three photogs as I came storming up out of the river at about 20 MPH in 8 notch on a trio of Alco's and a whole bunch of tonnage behind me. Should have made a good video if one of them was shooting video. Maybe it will show up on Youtube?

Anyway... glad you enjoyed!

"Awesome" Andre

Bro, you are awesome! Great shots!

One good turn deserves another - I couldn't resist - this from last Friday: I was the conductor on the Leaman Place Turn. We've started using steam on it Wednesdays and Fridays, and letting paying folks ride in the caboose. I'm in the opening few seconds with the suspenders on ...

#10 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Sheesh - another celebrity to deal with.

BTW, Andre, can I get your autograph? biggrin.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#11 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

Marc:

Darn. I'm fresh out of signed glossy 8x10's. Check back later.

Steve:

Wow! Got me trumped big time! How can Alco's compare to THAT? Good to see you guys have found another way (steam freight w/psgrs) to add a few pennies to the coffers.

"One of these days"... I've got to get up there and see your operation before you retire.

#12 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(laming @ Aug 5 2012, 9:58 PM) View Post

Wow! Got me trumped big time! How can Alco's compare to THAT? Good to see you guys have found another way (steam freight w/psgrs) to add a few pennies to the coffers.

"One of these days"... I've got to get up there and see your operation before you retire.

There's no trumpin' Coonskin ...

Aye, aye on pennies to the coffers. Costs keep going up and people prefer air conditioning to history - with this heat who could blame them?

If you ever come up, I've got a show prepared - everything from anthracite roads to steam to ???

#13 tenore

tenore

Mechanic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Ahhh, another claim to fame! What was that strange stuff on the ground and gettin on the camera lens? In the crossing vid.
Gotta come back up and ride the train again. My wife and I took my parents to Winslow once for their anniversary, probably about ten years back. I had a great time. I think they did too.
I played baseball across from the O K Feedmill back in the day. I'd get distracted by the trains and trucks. (and airplanes) Hadn't found girls yet. Was up there middle of July for my aunts funeral, they had a short memorial at the National Cemetary, and found out they had bought and torn down Andrews Field. Man, it was hot! Hope you have your baby powder.
Do you get down to south Ft. Smith any? Does anyone even go out past the airport anymore?
H.D.

#14 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Hey Andre - did ya' get your new glossys yet? I'm itchin' for somthin' to draw mustaches on and throw darts at.

wink.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#15 feldgrau

feldgrau

Track Layer

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Mr. Ming,

If you don't mind my asking, where were the ARMN reefers bound? No special reason, just more curious than anything else, since I mainly see them in the Valley here in CA.

Regards,
MSP

#16 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hi feldgrau:

We receive those empty from the UP. They are sent north on our rails, loaded, and return to be shipped out on the UP.

Need some of them? Right now our already maxed out yard has a couple tracks crammed full of them waiting to head north. biggrin.gif

#17 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

I noticed the ARMN reefers in one of the Google aerials, but I never saw them anywhere other than the Railex "Fruit Bowl Express" between CA and NY.

Cheers!
Marc

#18 tenore

tenore

Mechanic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

I have seen them coming through North Little Rock and heading west toward Dallas and Van Buren. I assumed they had been parked somewhere for a while, 'cause most of them have a fair amount of graffiti.
I guess you got the ones going to VB.
H.D.