Photo

OT: Sharon's New Ride 4/7/12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Picked it up today at the dealer! biggrin.gif

Below is a pic of the proud owner by her new steed:

Attached Files

#2 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Congratulations on creating a monster laugh.gif My wife rides tom so thats awesome wink.gif

#3 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hi Kevin!

Your wife has a bike named "tom"? laugh.gif

Sharon's ridden off-road since sometime in the mid 1970's. However, she has never been as goofy about it as I am. Plus, she no longer tries to do "technical" stuff... now it's mainly forest roads, log roads, and some of the tamer ATV-type trails.

Over the years, she's owned several off-road/dual sport bikes. Unfortunately, most of those were glorified "mini-bikes" on account of her being a "Small Human"... not the best of scoots. Well, she checked out a geninue, sure'nuf "real" bike that still fit a "Small Human"... and her very own Honda CRF230L is the result!

She's adapting well to the increased weight an height. So far... all is good! In fact, when we took delivery of her bike Saturday afternoon, it had 1.5 miles on the clock. As of last evening it has over 100 miles on it!

#4 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Long day Andre wink.gif She rides a Harley also which makes it enjoyable. When you going to get her a road bike?

#5 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hi again Kev!

Hear 'ya on the "long day".

She says she has ZERO interest in owning her own road bike. She loves the ability to sit back in her Ultra recliner and watch the sights go by!

#6 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(laming @ Apr 10 2012, 6:21 PM) View Post

Hi again Kev!

Hear 'ya on the "long day".

She says she has ZERO interest in owning her own road bike. She loves the ability to sit back in her Ultra recliner and watch the sights go by!

From a womans stand point that makes full sense. You still real busy at work?

#7 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Yes, we are busy. Also short handed. They hired a new Conductor Trainee for Fort Smith and he started Monday. However, it takes weeks/months to get a Conductor Trainee ready for prime time.

They have also hired a new Engineer. He's supposed to be there in the morning (Thursday). Once his paperwork comes in, he'll start qualification runs on the various jobs at Fort Smith... or that's the latest I heard.

I worked 6 day work weeks from early in Jan to last of March. In March I finished the month with 256.5 hours of Covered Service. Remember with hours like that we're talking a so-called SHORTLINE... not a busy Class 1. Not much time to do much else right now.

HOWEVER... I'm sick. I still enjoy what I do... for the most part. It does get tiresome, though.

Gotta' admit... I still get a kick bringing in over a half mile (or longer) train into Fort Smith Yard... dropping off the hill and coming in on the main kind'a hot and squeeling to a stop at the crossover switch. biggrin.gif

It's just sort of in your blood or it isn't.

#8 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Wish I could ride shot gun, that would be a bucket list scratch off wink.gif

#9 S. Weaver

S. Weaver

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Nice bike!

#10 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Nice lady. And she puts up with Andre. Can you believe it?!?