Photo

L&NE News 5/15/11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hello All!

Over the years since I canned the LNE as a VSC project, I still get requests wondering the outcome of the route, even requests to reopen the project. Unfortunately, the LNE will not be reopened as a VSC effort.

Besides, digging about in my backup archives, I appeared I had lost the final version it had reached, thus the version I did have was well short of its final state as archived.

Well, I have had an inquiry concerning the possibility of merging my LNE work with an ongoing freeware project that is well under development. (A freeware project that is looking very nice, I might add.)

I was willing to release it to the freeware project, but again, my concern was the missing archived version: A LOT of work would be lost if I couldn't locate it.

Well, good news: I have found the final version I archived, and arrangements are being made to deliver it to the project overseer.

Now, bear in mind there will be merging issues for the team to overcome, as well as some other issues... BUT... at least there is now HOPE that the LNE will be available for your enjoyment in the future!

Even with the challenges the team will need to overcome, that is a MUCH better scenario than having it reside in cyber mothballs on my CD's.

I'm excited about this too! It will be great for my efforts on the LNE to at long last be enjoyed by LNE fans in the world of MSTS.

#2 rfranzosa

rfranzosa

Fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(laming @ May 15 2011, 5:01 PM) View Post

Even with the challenges the team will need to overcome, that is a MUCH better scenario than having it reside in cyber mothballs on my CD's.

I'm excited about this too! It will be great for my efforts on the LNE to at long last be enjoyed by LNE fans in the world of MSTS.

Andre,

This is great news, indeed. Thank you for your generosity in sharing the LNE with the rest of the community.

Rick

#3 Guest_walterjconklin_*

Guest_walterjconklin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

Hello,

I too would like to echo Rick's words of thanks to Andre for his generosity.

I am pleased to annouce that the route merger partner with Andre's LNE route is Tristate_Rails.

Right now, I need to find someone, who has experience merging routes, to agree to merge the two routes. Also, I am looking for someone to find a way to convert the Scale Rail textures in Andre's route to XTracks as Tristate_Rails uses XTracks. Please don't get me wrong I like Scale Rails. I believe that XTracks would be more appropriate for the proposed merged route project because the actual lines depicted in the virtual representation were smaller railroads that sometimes had to defer maintance.

I am excited about the prospect to have the LNE and Tristate_Rails eventually merged.

Sincerely,
Walter

#4 rfranzosa

rfranzosa

Fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(walterjconklin @ May 16 2011, 10:15 AM) View Post

I am excited about the prospect to have the LNE and Tristate_Rails eventually merged.

Walter,

You'll have to issue a new map ;-)

Rick

#5 Guest_walterjconklin_*

Guest_walterjconklin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(rfranzosa @ May 16 2011, 2:33 PM) View Post

Walter,

You'll have to issue a new map ;-)

Rick

True Rick.

Now, if I only knew, how to create maps.

Sincerely,
Walter