Photo

Trouble editing Cajon Pass (w/3DTrains Scenery Expansion)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 bryan

bryan

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

Howdy,

I'm addressing this question to anyone who might have an idea of how to get around the problem.

I have 3DTrainStuff's Cajon Pass Route with 3DTrains' "Scenery Expansion Pack" for Cajon installed, and my pet-project of late has been to go through and upgrade the crossings in the route from the default "stick-figure" crossing gates that come with the route to Jovets' awesome crossing signals. For the most part I haven't had any trouble, but there is one trouble tile at Hinkley (west of Barstow on the BNSF Barstow-Mojave line) where RE crashes when I attempt to remove the level crossing markers on the tile at long: -117.18877 and lat: 34.93247 in the route and save the changes. This of course corrupts the track database at the location (i.e. "Great White Void" syndrome when you try to go back to the same place in RE), but luckily I have the route's original world tile files in a backup folder, and can replace the problem file pretty quickly in be back in good order afterwards. But it's annoying as heck that I can't seem to be able to edit objects on that tile without RE crashing. Is there anyway around this problem? I know there are many expert route builders who have dealt with this kind of thing before, and I know MSTS has an object count quota for each tile. The thing is, I don't see why it would be a problem to DELETE an object off of a tile (since you're reducing the tile's object count in that case), but apparently MSTS takes issue with it on this particular tile. Any takers on this one?

Thanks
- bryan