Photo

A shot of my project

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Snuffy

Snuffy

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

I know its not much and I'm no where near as good as some here but never having played RW nor ever having dabbled in lesser route building.

I jumped into route building blind.

Here's a peek.

IPB Image

That's a 1.6 percent grade from below to the top of the cut

#2 petersde

petersde

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:39 AM

Nice start, for going in "blind". My experience is similar--done some skinning, built some scenarios, added some objects to existing routes, manipulated the XML files; but no route-building. I've been thinking of reproducing the Benicia Industrial Park area in Northern California. Your work suggests that I have nothing to lose in trying, and may be able to get something usable, as well as a great learning experience.

Keep at it... laugh.gif
Dave

#3 Snuffy

Snuffy

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

Dave,

Thanks. All that stuff you mentioned that you've done, I haven't even tried yet.

I will tell you that this is an actual real live earth location, I fiddled with geo data for the better part of 3 three weeks trying to figure out how to get the data to work.

Now that that's done, I hope I can remember what I did so when it comes time to expand this route I'll be able to do it without so much trouble. wink.gif

I'll have to take a progress shot, its still bare but I almost have the main yard down. No other assets yet as I'm still trying to figure out how to get that stuff in game.

Here's a shot of some assets I hope to use ...

IPB Image

#4 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

Don't stop, I think your off to a good start and it sure sparked my interest wink.gif

#5 Snuffy

Snuffy

Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:18 AM

Thanks Kevin.