Photo

Error in TSutils

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

I'm trying to use a action in TSutils in Routeriter. It always fails resulting something like this:

Function called from >> OS-system:'windows vista', Version:6.0 <<
Java-system >> Java-JRE :'sun microsystems inc.', Version:1.6.0_16 <<
>>TSUtil '-lC:\Program Files (x86)\Route_Riter\Reports\Desert Railroad_cvrt.log' 'cvrt' '-v99:99' 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Routes\Desert Railroad'<<

TSUtil Route-Conversion selected for 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Routes\Desert Railroad'!
( 04.10.2009 21:03:34 )

---> Route-definition-Description : Definition terminates with concardination-symbol '+'. (Section=0) Line missing!

Route: Route-definition contains error(s) -- Function aborted!

Any solutions?

#2 derek

derek

Yardmaster

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

Mike might see it here, but you need to email him.

Derek

#3 GaryG

GaryG

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(ctempire @ Oct 4 2009, 7:31 PM) View Post

I'm trying to use a action in TSutils in Routeriter. It always fails resulting something like this:

---> Route-definition-Description : Definition terminates with concardination-symbol '+'. (Section=0) Line missing!

Hi

Perhaps there may be an error in a route file rather than a broken TSutils. I'm guessing that by "Route-definition-Description", it's referring to the Description section of the .trk file.

Each paragraph in this section should be quoted, in a single line (no carriage returns) and end with a "+" character unless there is no following paragraph.

GaryG

#4 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(GaryG @ Oct 5 2009, 8:29 AM) View Post

Each paragraph in this section should be quoted, in a single line (no carriage returns) and end with a "+" character unless there is no following paragraph.

GaryG

Can you show me an example?

#5 GaryG

GaryG

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(ctempire @ Oct 6 2009, 7:09 PM) View Post

Can you show me an example?

Hi

Example - look in "...Train Simulator\ROUTES\USA2 at the USA2.trk file. At line 6 you will see the start of the Description section and continues down to the Graphic section. Notice how every line except the last of the Description ends with a "+" signifying another line for the Description follows.

Here's the Section I'm referring to:
Description ( "Location: Montana, USA\n\n"+
"Route length: 163 miles (270 km)\n\n"+
"Railroad: The Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company (BNSF)\n\n"+
"Player-drivable locomotives: Dash 9 and GP38-2 diesel-electric locomotives\n\n"+
"Computer-controlled locomotives and trains on route: Genesis P40 (AMD 103) Empire Builder, "+
"SD40-2, GP38-2\n\n"+
"The rail line through Marias Pass is operated by BNSF, which uses the route to run priority "+
"intermodal trains, grain, and general freight across the country from Chicago to Seattle and "+
"Portland. Amtrak also uses the route to host their twice-daily Empire Builder passenger "+
"service.\n\n"+
"Train Simulator includes the mainline portion of the route from Shelby to Whitefish, and the "+
"branch line from Columbia Falls to Kalispell. You can haul freight over the pass, skirting the "+
"southern border of Glacier National Park, or make local freight deliveries along the Kalispell "+
"line."
)

In this case, the line with the characters "line." is the last line before the closing ")" and it does not have a final; "+" but all the preceeding lines do. Your problem route may have an error in its Description section with one too many "+"s.

GaryG

#6 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE(GaryG @ Oct 6 2009, 8:21 PM) View Post

Hi

Example - look in "...Train Simulator\ROUTES\USA2 at the USA2.trk file. At line 6 you will see the start of the Description section and continues down to the Graphic section. Notice how every line except the last of the Description ends with a "+" signifying another line for the Description follows.

Here's the Section I'm referring to:
Description ( "Location: Montana, USA\n\n"+
"Route length: 163 miles (270 km)\n\n"+
"Railroad: The Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company (BNSF)\n\n"+
"Player-drivable locomotives: Dash 9 and GP38-2 diesel-electric locomotives\n\n"+
"Computer-controlled locomotives and trains on route: Genesis P40 (AMD 103) Empire Builder, "+
"SD40-2, GP38-2\n\n"+
"The rail line through Marias Pass is operated by BNSF, which uses the route to run priority "+
"intermodal trains, grain, and general freight across the country from Chicago to Seattle and "+
"Portland. Amtrak also uses the route to host their twice-daily Empire Builder passenger "+
"service.\n\n"+
"Train Simulator includes the mainline portion of the route from Shelby to Whitefish, and the "+
"branch line from Columbia Falls to Kalispell. You can haul freight over the pass, skirting the "+
"southern border of Glacier National Park, or make local freight deliveries along the Kalispell "+
"line."
)

In this case, the line with the characters "line." is the last line before the closing ")" and it does not have a final; "+" but all the preceeding lines do. Your problem route may have an error in its Description section with one too many "+"s.

GaryG

Here's mine. (I've understand what you're saying)

Description ( Desert Route by CTempire. )

Any errors?

#7 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:54 AM

Obvious. No quotes!

#8 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(cr-stagg @ Oct 7 2009, 5:35 AM) View Post

Obvious. No quotes!

What do you mean? It was a mistake to the message, then help me then!

#9 cr-stagg

cr-stagg

Superintendent

• Beta Tester
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(ctempire @ Oct 13 2009, 4:51 PM) View Post

What do you mean? It was a mistake to the message, then help me then!

Should have quotes at each end of the Description data as in

Description ( "Desert Route by CTempire." )

#10 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(cr-stagg @ Oct 13 2009, 3:23 PM) View Post

Should have quotes at each end of the Description data as in

Description ( "Desert Route by CTempire." )

Works. Thanks.