Photo

Problem in my Route

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

Although not a true error, I continued making my route until I discovered that my route looks like what it was once. I also should do a track database rebuild. Is there's a way to prevent the turnback change please?

#2 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:26 AM

I'm not clear as to what you're asking - "prevent turnback change?"

Cheers!
Marc

#3 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Apr 2 2009, 7:07 AM) View Post

I'm not clear as to what you're asking - "prevent turnback change?"

Cheers!
Marc

What I'm telling you Hack is that my route appears like before. I can't see my recent change/addition on my route. Mabey because of the Route Optimizer?

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Do you mean whatever edits you make will not save? Are any of the files or directories set to read-only?

Route optimizer? What's that? huh.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#5 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(Hack @ Apr 2 2009, 11:43 AM) View Post

Do you mean whatever edits you make will not save? Are any of the files or directories set to read-only?

Route optimizer? What's that? huh.gif

Cheers!
Marc

Maybe I'll make the new changes all over again! Route Optimizer is a small program available at train-sim.com. Here are the text from the readme about Route Optimizer but with edits.

The program was made to minimize the used diskspace for the MSTS-Addon-Routes of our many excellent "Home-Constructors" by using the directories Shapes, Textures, TerrTex and Sounds only one time for all these routes. The advantage is less diskspace, but there can be disadvantages, if the routeconstructors change original files of the MSTS (i don't know, whether this happens) or if two constructors use the same filename for an object in these directories. If this happens, the last would win, it means the file of the last route, which is implemented in the routeoptimizer, is the file which will be used.

Before using a route with the program, it must be installed and get working in the normal way. You can use any number of Addon-Routes like before without using Routeoptimizer. If a route works you can implement it in the program (you can, not you have to)

#6 copperpen

copperpen

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:02 AM

Looking at the information you have given about this program, it is not a route builders tool, it is only intended for use on completed routes. By the look of it, this was made back when hard drives were small, because it is made to save disc space.

Mervyn

#7 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(copperpen @ Apr 3 2009, 12:43 AM) View Post

Looking at the information you have given about this program, it is not a route builders tool, it is only intended for use on completed routes. By the look of it, this was made back when hard drives were small, because it is made to save disc space.

Mervyn

Okay. Thanks!