Photo

My first route

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(SAR704 @ Oct 12 2008, 2:11 AM) View Post

Any screenshots?

well i need a place for screenshots online or so. Does 3dtrains can allow images from a computer instead of online?

#22 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:50 AM

Yep. Go to the Screenshots area and it will allow you to link .jpg images.

#23 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(ctempire @ Oct 25 2008, 11:09 AM) View Post
well i need a place for screenshots online or so. Does 3dtrains can allow images from a computer instead of online?

Screen shots of 800 x 600 can be uploaded to the screen shots forum, while larger images must be hosted elsewhere, such as Image Shack, Photopics, etc.

Cheers!
Marc

#24 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:03 PM

look here for the screen shots at Blythe.

Desert Railroad Blythe Screenshots

Click on the thumbnails for full view on each image.

More screenshots soon!

#25 AZ Rail Rat

AZ Rail Rat

Ticket Inspector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:16 AM

Maybe you have not gotten to it ct, but I would go with a darker brown ground color. This is the desert southwest, not the Sahara.

In fact, according to Google Earth, area around Blyth is mostly solid green because of all the farming.

One does have to be careful with satellite photos, particularly of the desert. One picture may look pastel and sandy, while one next to it taken in different light conditions or season would appear much darker, as some Google Earth shots west of Blythe show.

Notice how on the Arizona side there is a more darker texture mixed in. Be sure and try to obtain shots from the ground as they usually give you a better idea of the environs.

Looking forward to your route ct. Keep pluggin'! biggrin.gif

#26 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(AZ Rail Rat @ Oct 27 2008, 10:57 AM) View Post

Maybe you have not gotten to it ct, but I would go with a darker brown ground color. This is the desert southwest, not the Sahara.

In fact, according to Google Earth, area around Blyth is mostly solid green because of all the farming.

One does have to be careful with satellite photos, particularly of the desert. One picture may look pastel and sandy, while one next to it taken in different light conditions or season would appear much darker, as some Google Earth shots west of Blythe show.

Notice how on the Arizona side there is a more darker texture mixed in. Be sure and try to obtain shots from the ground as they usually give you a better idea of the environs.

Looking forward to your route ct. Keep pluggin'! biggrin.gif

With a new texture, it will take a long time to replace the sand texture so I might had to use the Desert Textures from the Badlands Project or so.

#27 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:34 AM

i might had reached to the san diego and tijuana metro. smile.gif

#28 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

More information. Terrain will be made from scratch but not made by Demex.

#29 SAR704

SAR704

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(ctempire @ Nov 8 2008, 9:23 AM) View Post

More information. Terrain will be made from scratch but not made by Demex.

What sort of topography are you thinking of having in the route? There'd be many blokes on this forum who would be able to suggest areas of the United States where it matches the criteria very well for your project. Manual terraforming is one absolute bone cruncher of a task depending on how detailed you want it, and I would strongly advocate the inclusion of DEMEXed terrain in your new route.

#30 tgalbardi

tgalbardi

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(ctempire @ Oct 27 2008, 1:56 PM) View Post

...so I might had to use the Desert Textures from the Badlands Project or so.

If you're interested I did something that could match your taste. smile.gif

IPB Image

Shoot me a mail if you like them. It's just a basic texture set with 17 different terrain textures.

#31 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:40 AM

Once I reached to San Diego, I'll do my best on reaching to Phoenix and Las Vegas. It may take few more months though. smile.gif

#32 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

I reached to San Diego. Almost there!

After that, I'll reach to Phoenix and Las Vegas.

I may not make connections to Yuma and some other places until a next version of the route.

#33 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

I have reached to San Diego and that division is almost done. Now I'll add more scenery, crossings, and the past branches.

#34 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:25 AM

I have to rework on 2 areas on the route. One of them is because of a bug and the other is that climbing to Carrizo Gorge is rough that trains over 70mph would climb successfully.

#35 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

I reseted the development so I can start making the route more realistic.

#36 Hawk

Hawk

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

If you've already laid all that track and placed scenery, it's a little late to DEM the route. That would bury everything you've done and you would have to raise everything.

#37 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(Hawk @ Sep 16 2009, 8:46 PM) View Post

If you've already laid all that track and placed scenery, it's a little late to DEM the route. That would bury everything you've done and you would have to raise everything.

No I haven't. I start all over on the route starting from scratch. That old one, is now gone. The new Desert Railroad would be more realistic than the one I start last year. It would features markers for real based placing and 30 meter DEM(I have a hard time finding 10 meter ones though). I'll also use parts of the Carrizo Gorge route(including the extension), Surfliner, Phoenix Sub, and possibly Needles Sub.