Photo

My first route

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

My first route is the Desert Railroad, a 400(estimated) mile long semi-fictional route between San Diego and Phoenix. The route will be a cross of the real-life lines which are San Diego and Arizona and the Arizona and California Railroads. The route will primarily use SDA, SDAE, and ARCZ rolling stock but also uses Amtrak, Southern Pacific, ATSF, BNSF, and Union Pacific. Shapes and Textures of the route were default and others which were from various authors and Mark Divecchio's Carrizo Gorge Route. So far, I made the part between central Imperial Valley to a town in the Arizona side of the Colorado River. Credit to authors who made custom buildings I used.

#2 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:16 AM

Also, I made a link to Yuma and made part of the now embargoed Yuma Valley Railway. Still more work though.

#3 SkyRat

SkyRat

Activity Developer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(ctempire @ Aug 24 2008, 7:57 AM) View Post

Also, I made a link to Yuma and made part of the now embargoed Yuma Valley Railway. Still more work though.

Great undertaking.... Best of luck and post some pics of your progress.

Henri

#4 OwainGlyndwr

OwainGlyndwr

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

400 miles................now that is my kind of route.

Good luck with the project. wink.gif

cheers,
Mike.

#5 SAR704

SAR704

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE(OwainGlyndwr @ Aug 27 2008, 4:51 PM) View Post

400 miles................now that is my kind of route.

Good luck with the project. wink.gif

cheers,
Mike.

That's a lot of long days placing trees smile.gif

#6 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

now i reached to coyote wells. it is unknown if i'll make a fictional branch from coyote wells but i'll more likely to.

#7 Curious

Curious

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(SAR704 @ Aug 27 2008, 4:26 AM) View Post

That's a lot of long days placing trees smile.gif

There are no trees in the desert -- are there? Maybe a lot of long days placing cacti.

CB

#8 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:44 AM

i reach over jacumba currently.

#9 AZ Rail Rat

AZ Rail Rat

Ticket Inspector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Curious @ Sep 1 2008, 9:03 PM) View Post

There are no trees in the desert -- are there? Maybe a lot of long days placing cacti.

CB

Spoken like a true mountaineer Curious. Here are a couple of shots around Picacho Peak west of Tucson. About as deep in the desert as you can get. Very liitle of what shows is cactus around those parts.

IPB Image
IPB Image

#10 AZ Rail Rat

AZ Rail Rat

Ticket Inspector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

Here is a great site ct for the AZCAL.

http://algomacentral...n.net/AZCal.htm

Yep Curious, lots of cactus up there (pictures 2 & 5).

ct, be sure and check out 13th picture down and put the Shoe Tree in your route. laugh.gif

#11 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

i'm almost to the high bridge. I also created a double track loop with a moat and a lake with a castle in the center. I see that shoe tree image, though I might need to repaint a tree or find a shoe tree.

#12 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

the areas according to the route geography creator, starting at Phoenix, you'll go straight north about 10 miles and you go west over 100 miles straight to the colorado river passing a town similiar to parker but not in a accurate location. Then the tracks go south to a town and miles east then south to another town[where i start making the route and is little based on blythe]. The tracks continue west about 2 miles and south with a short branch to a mining town and the mainline would cross a town. After the town, the tracks will be in a u-curve and crosses the same road of the previous town and west with 3 towns[one of them in another branch] until a bigger town next. The track still continues by south about 80 miles of desert with a junction to yuma and indio[To be announced] and junctions again at jrawley[ a parody of brawley]. The tracks go south through a incomplete town, Imperial, and a airport until El Centro, where the line continues on the SDA. The tracks could reach to Plaster City[ the original western terminus of the route] with access to the narrow gauge railroad. Tracks go southwest to Coyote Wells[ with a branch is but fictional with excursions] and went along mountains until Dos Cabezes. The mainline now roughly climbs the mountains into Carrizo Gorge with 4 bridges and 2 tunnles. The Mainline goes through Jacumba and Interstate 8 and wents through a series of mountain passes and several deep pits. The tracks now wents through the loop and then to a logging facility[more to be continued soon].

#13 oldrailfan

oldrailfan

Registered Ferroequinologist

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:45 AM

"...The mainline now roughly climbs the mountains into Carrizo Gorge with 4 bridges and 2 tunnles..."
Let's see - based on the last time I went through the gorge, that's about 30 bridges and 16 tunnels short... and my count may be low, it's been a long time.

#14 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

i might had reached to Campo now.

#15 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

reached to division. there will be plans on repainting certain locos and wagons to create the route's own railway.

#16 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

last week, i reached to tecate. I also made a big rework on the middle of the line.

#17 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:09 AM

well, if i complete the route. I'll have plans to extend my downloaded carrizo gorge route to San Diego, but I'll not release it online, though. I will also try to add bridges and tunnels to my Desert Railroad Route as I can.
IPB Image

#18 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:59 AM

reached to somewhere after horseshoe curve.

#19 ctempire

ctempire

Motorman

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

extended to the southernmost area and I add a large yard in Blythe.

#20 SAR704

SAR704

Dispatcher

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(ctempire @ Oct 12 2008, 11:31 AM) View Post

extended to the southernmost area and I add a large yard in Blythe.

Any screenshots?