Photo

Expansion Activity Pack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#21 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:20 AM

In this next activity, you'll be churning out the smoke as you switch the coal prep plant. But that's not all you do... blush.gif

Rich

Attached File  rb113.jpg   70.1KB   103 downloads

Attached File  rb114.jpg   103.57KB   97 downloads

#22 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

In this next activity which is the sequel to the previous activity, I will have to say I simply created a doozer. You start out at Big City Transfer (as seen in the picture) with plenty of switching to do. Then you have to head to Big City Yard with a train that's just a wee bit too long for comfort. And believe me, it gives you plenty to do in Big City Yard. But you ain't done yet. Then you take the train up to Smallville but with a bomb of a drop-off you gotta make happen at Metro Yard. I ain't betting one cent any of you will figure this one out without the tutorial. And I don't mean it's a puzzle. I mean it's just advanced switching 101 if your into what railroads really do. Still tweaking these two though with three more to do before I'm finished. Have a nice weekend!

Rich

Attached File  rb115.jpg   86.5KB   119 downloads

#23 hughes407

hughes407

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:51 AM

OK, Rich. Sounds like a challenge has been dropped here.

Don

#24 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:29 AM

It don't look like much....

ACTIVITY: 33 - BC Transfer to Smallville Yard*

You completed this Activity after 1 hour, 40 minutes and 54 seconds of driving.

Assembled train on BC I track #3
Picked all cars from BC Transfer
Dropped off bulk cars
Dropped off Smallville shipment

MINOR OPERATIONAL ERRORS:
You committed no minor operational errors.

WORK ORDER ADHERENCE:
Task Status
--------------------------------------------------------------
Assemble train at location. Completed
Pick up cars Completed
Drop off cars at location. Completed
Drop off cars at location. Completed

Enough moves to constitute a basketball game though...
and this is with knowing exactly what to do!

Rich

Attached File  rb116.jpg   97.68KB   117 downloads
The Prize!
Approach To Smallville Yard

#25 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

Here's a small glimpse at the next activity which in itself is like the previous activity except the three phases of this activity is characterized by the three different engines you drive. You start out with a Geep, switch to a pair of SD7's and then finish up with a SW1500. Still in the process of working this one out. - Rich

Attached File  rb117.jpg   44.12KB   110 downloads

#26 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

Breakout from Big City in same activity...

Attached File  rb118.jpg   54.71KB   103 downloads

#27 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

Took me about 2 hours to complete this one. You guys are going to want to memorize this screenshot. And this one is in the can! One more to go.

Rich

Attached File  rb119.jpg   58.98KB   107 downloads

#28 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

Activity #10 is complete and that's a wrap. It's hot out here in NC today so I went with something cold. This is the Lollipop train. What's the Lollipop train? You're just gonna have to run this activity to find out. Coming soon! Screenshots below.

Rich

Attached File  rb120.jpg   61.29KB   105 downloads

Attached File  rb121.jpg   94.34KB   93 downloads

Attached File  rb122.jpg   96.19KB   94 downloads

#29 AFracer40m

AFracer40m

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

Looking really forward to these new acts Rich! Keep the info coming!

#30 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

Thanks. smile.gif

Okayyyy... here's a non-binding pre-release no-thrills but lots of chills activity 10 pak for the East Metro Rebuild. I'm still tweaking the package. It will become official soon so I'm just saying you might want to download it again when I announce it to the world. There's an activity walk-thru in the zip but it's not installed so print it from the zip directly, put it in your EMRR2 media folder but don't lose it! And hey, if you like this route and the activities, please say something somewhere. The sales are fine but I kinda really need you guys to talk about the route so folks even know it's available. I get emails asking, "anything new?" Well, yeah!

Okay, here's what you'll need. First, you gotta have MSTS-bin installed. Folks, let's stop right there a moment cause there is the first time I've ever used something like this in conjunction with msts. I've gotten a few where folks say, "I downloaded it, but I haven't installed it yet." Right, but it only works if it's installed. So when I say you need or it's required to have Cameron Lashley's East Metro SD7's, you really really need to not only download them, but install them too or you'll get errors.

I did include a pdf which links to how to get Cameron's SD7's. Right there in the zip. *pointing to zip* Right there. And don't forget that Dick Cowen did some kinda modification thingies to Cameron's SD7's as well. You can find the mods on Dick's site. Don't have it off-hand. Just across the ocean over there! *pointing to Great Britain*

Second, you're gonna need your thinking cap on a few of these activities. If you get stuck, please... PLEAAZZEEE, don't email me first. Read the tutorial which tells you how to complete each activity. And if the tutorial is working for ya, lemme know via the forum.

Okay, you're fun is about to begin but first, like always, ALWAYS point the installer to your copy of MSTS and not to a folder within MSTS. You should be able to say that in your sleep by now! tongue.gif

Okay, so let's have fun, but know there could be changes coming in the near future. The download is pretty small, a little over a meg I believe. Here's the link below:

Download here, I think...

And yes... you have to have the East Metro Rebuild for these activities to work.... wink.gif What!? NooooOO, not the original East Metro, that's a whole different route. rolleyes.gif What!? Absolutely no charge for activities. We just charge for routes here. huh.gif

Rich

#31 AFracer40m

AFracer40m

Motorman

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

Just downloaded and installed, going to run some tests now Rich! Thanks again!

#32 kcjones

kcjones

Uncivil engineer

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

My Webpage. I think!!!!

To help Rich out. He's getting forgetful in his old age here is the link to my download page. rolleyes.gif

#33 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

LOL!!! biggrin.gif

I think... devil.gif

#34 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:43 PM

OOPS!! Sorry, but you got to download the zip again. Changes made to activity #34 and #35 plus the activity walk-thru is now a part of the installer and not a separate file from the install like it was previously. No change to the walk-thru. The only other addition to the activity pack is a short readme in the zip.

Here's the link again:

The link...for sure this time...

Rich G