To create a path for explore route:
1. Open the editors and then the Activity Editor (AE)
2. Click on files, new
give it any name you want, you will not be saving it
3. open the player service editor, again do not worry about the name
4. click on the new button under path
5. create your path. You do not need to make a long path. You can put the end point right next to the start point. This is because when you explore route, all the sim cares is the start point, it does not read the end point. Remember, in explore route, it will ONLY take the straight path through a switch. When creating them, give them a unique name. i.e. - for a explore path starting at San Diego, I would name the path ERSandiego, you can also use mileposts. That way, at least for me, when I was creating activities, I would not use it for them.
If you want repeat steps 4-6 and create as many path as you want.
7. exit the service editor, do not worry if it gives you a message forgot consist, no biggie as you only want the paths to explore the route.
8. Exit the AE, do not worry about saving the activity as it was only a dummy to create paths. The paths will still be there.
9. Go explore the route
Creating paths for explore Route
2 replies to this topic