Photo

Production of Addons for KRS Put on Hold Indefinitely

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 sstyrnol

sstyrnol

Santa Fe Nut

• Beta Tester
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:20 AM

Bluesky Interactive, renowned for their ProTrain addon series, had announced two addons for KRS just prior to the European release of KRS. Now they have announced that the development of addons for KRS has been put on hold indefinitely.

As reason for this decision they said that not enough copies of KRS have been sold yet. Another important reason was the lack of a working time table for passenger activities and the locomotive lighting system.

Bluesky Interactive said they will intensify the production of ProTrain (MSTS) and ProTrainPerfect (Trainz) addons for the time being.

End of Message

I think this is bad, because it will shed a bad light on the sim as a whole. But I think also after the rocky launch, it does not really come as a surprise.

#2 Guest_ANDYZEBRA_*

Guest_ANDYZEBRA_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:51 AM

doesnt come has a surprise to me unsure.gif i was hopeing that things may have improved a little by now , but looks like things arnt going to be that way ,which is a shame it could of been a good sim .
i wonder is the usa kuju sim still comeing out on time ? be intresting to see how it does over in the us .

#3 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:01 AM

which is a shame it could of been a good sim

Strangely enough, it is a good sim. Many of us old MSTS buffs are quite happy transferring our attentions to KRS (whilst patiently waiting for some more MSTS goodies to come out!) . It is definitely not all doom and gloom.

No hits intended at other software suppliers, but I bought a couple of MSTS items from the same German company - I wouldn't have been rushing to buy their first KRS offerings is all that I will say.

There are other route designers and builders - I mean, KUJU have managed to produce 4 routes, so it clearly isn't impossible smile.gif

Rod

#4 Bananarama

Bananarama

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:26 AM

isn't impossible

That double negative is gonna' cost you two bits. wink.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#5 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ Nov 24 2007, 8:07 AM) View Post

That double negative is gonna' cost you two bits. wink.gif

Cheers!
Marc

"Ah, multiple negation - an interesting subject Watson. I once wrote a pamphlet about its use amongst the pygmies in East Cheam"

"How so Holmes, there are no pygmies in East Cheam - I must tell you (and get that silly hat off your head), I ain't got no interest in it, whatever it is"

"Watson, Watson, Watson, ever quick and faithful, wait around for a hundred years then look up this interesting link on the Internet;

http://en.wikipedia....Double_negative "

"Internet? - hairnet you mean"

"Quite so, quite so....."

ACD