Photo

SD40T-2 screens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(TomG @ Apr 21 2003, 02:44 PM)
mykel,

they were built for D&rgw and SP.  So now up has them from the merger, and now UP is selling them off and they are showing up on small operations all around.

Railpictures.net has some shots of former SP units on the NYS&W:

http://www.railpictu...to.php?id=11762

It will be interesting to see if these get painted in the yellow & black 'Susie-Q' livery. Skins anyone? laugh.gif

--C.

#22 michaelnscale

michaelnscale

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 04:18 PM

rolleyes.gif Looking good!!! (as usual). Any ETA date?

Thanks! Michael

#23 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 11:40 AM

... hmm, about now? biggrin.gif

#24 michaelnscale

michaelnscale

Mechanic

• Route Beta
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 08:47 AM

Now sounds good to me - already got them and running in revenue service!! They all look superb!!!! Great job. Many thanks! Michael

#25 TexasWestern70Mac

TexasWestern70Mac

Ticket Inspector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 03:45 AM

I am one that usually does not take an eye to payware stuff since i am a college student who has other more useful uses for money than buying MSTS addons (sorry but doritos take priority over trains smile.gif ) But, WOW! i have only seen a handfull of tunnel motors in my life, but those right on the numbers for the ones i have seen. Last ones i saw were in 2001 and 2002. In 2001 i saw virgin Rio Grande tunnel motors in Helper, Utah and in 2002 i saw some UP tunnel motors hauling a unit grain in Oklahoma. Any plans for doing the KCS sd40-3 rebuilds of these engines? May be my first payware purchase if i can find money to buy them smile.gif

#26 scottb613

scottb613

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:37 AM

All,

I just purchased the set and I am very happy with them... The weathering makes them look great...

Just one request - as I don't know the first thing about making models for MSTS... Would it be possible to put a wall up on the inside or paint the entire interior a dark color... At certain angles it becomes obvious that the model is hollow on the inside (especially the SP units) and it takes away from the illusion a bit...

Just and suggestion... As I stated the models look great...

Thanks,
Scott