EDIT: Updated 12/06/11
Okay... back to updating your MSTS install with the latest goodies...
Next you will install "MSTS Bin".
MSTS Bin is a project that a Czechoslovakian V scaler undertook and has accomplished a TON with it. Here's a brief list of SOME of the things MSTS Bin fixes/addresses:
* Better in-game memory managment resulting in smoother play and the ability to load and run larger, more complex routes.
* Cab swapping from one coupled engine to the next (provided said engines are adapted to such).
* The ability to swap cab ends on a double ended engine.
* Enhanced features for model builders such as opening doors, raising/lowering pantographs, etc.
* Front coupler fixed.
* F9 Uncoupling window fixed to display train properly and function properly when front coupled.
* All MU diesels have dynamic sound. (Instead of lead unit only.)
There are many more, but this will suffice.
Now that I've whetted your appetite, here's where to get it:http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/eng/eng.html
(I personally am still using release 1.7.102222. Haven't taken the time to update.)
BEFORE you install, look inside your main Train Simulator folder and make a copy of the file "train.exe" and "launcher.exe". I have never had to revert back to default after an MSTS Bin install... but I've been told to make copies of those... so I'm passing that bit of info on to you.
Once you download the MSTS Bin version of your choice:
Unzip the MSTS Bin zip file, then click on the installer. When the installer asks you, select:
* ENGLISH if you speak English! (Duh)
* Sound enhancements
I do not install the transparent driving aids, I find them harder to read and distracting. Your call.
That's it for MSTS Bin!
Now, once you get MSTS Bin installed, and after you've played with the default content included with MSTS as much as you want... when you're ready to try your hand at some 1893 railroading... I just happen to have a recently released route that can fill that bill nicely! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
All for this installment. Next up will be XTracks and NewRoads.