CSX and WP routes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DMA_*

Guest_DMA_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 06:10 PM

After reading in past weeks from both Nalle and Marc, that they were aiming both routes toward a TMTS release, are we back on for both to be MSTS releases or no???

With the news of today, will both routes make it to MSTS for us end users, or are your projects aimed at the commercial version of what trainmaster is working on.

We need a clarification aftter such shocking news - I do anyway at least!

#2 nlmcm

nlmcm

Conductor

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:19 PM

Of course I'm not speaking for Marc or anyone else, but according to my notes from TMTS, their version is supposed to "read" MSTS computer code, and further states it will also read free and payware releases.

Hardly makes sense to create it as a stand alone, may take years to make money on it....

Which is another belief why Uncle Bill didn't want to continue with an upgrade with Kuju, or Kuju had not advanced its platform, but those are pure rumours, been sprouting about for months.

On the other hand, has anyone heard from Kuju, based I beleive in London, England?

But you raise a valid point, anything Marc or anyone else creates should be compatible with MSTS and TMTS, perhaps will work with TMTS only because his work is so advanced, alpha channels and other weird termanologies us minions have no clue means.... wink.gif

Your thoughts Marc?

#3 kevarc

kevarc

Commissioner

• Lone Wolf Activities
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

The Feather River was always intended for MSTS. As for the others, I'll let Marc or Dan comment.

#4 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

The IRR and CSX routes are back on the boards, folks, plus a couple of other interesting projects I'll announce shortly.

Cheers!
Marc

#5 Big Zee

Big Zee

The Small Vicuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, what he said...

#6 tgalbardi

tgalbardi

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:30 PM

Some good news indeed from the 3dtrains front. I'm looking forward to this. rolleyes.gif

#7 jmslakings

jmslakings

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(tgalbardi @ May 19 2006, 08:49 PM)
Some good news indeed from the 3dtrains front. I'm looking forward to this. rolleyes.gif

Ya me too. But you know what route Im really looking foward to tom??? tongue.gif

#8 tgalbardi

tgalbardi

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

Feather River, I presume?! At least for me. wink.gif Being patient was worth the wait for every single week. All the screen shots look mighty awesome. Thank God, umm..., the 3dtrains team... laugh.gif for their efforts they did on this upcoming route.

Think I gotcha! laugh.gif

#9 Guest_DMA_*

Guest_DMA_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:14 PM

So, some bad news from Michigan turns into some good news from California.

Thanks for letting us know you guys have some MSTS
stuff back on the front burner now!

#10 flarrfan

flarrfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE(Hack @ May 19 2006, 08:34 PM)
The IRR and CSX routes are back on the boards, folks, plus a couple of other interesting projects I'll announce shortly.

Cheers!
Marc

And revised ScaleRoads? Don't know how much interest there is in my Saluda route, but it's been on hold for a while now.

Amd speaking of CSX, I have a little over 100 miles of track down now on a new project that I hope to have done by the end of the year...

#11 therock

therock

Route Rock Certified

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(jmslakings @ May 20 2006, 12:54 AM)
QUOTE(tgalbardi @ May 19 2006, 08:49 PM)
Some good news indeed from the 3dtrains front. I'm looking forward to this.  rolleyes.gif

Ya me too. But you know what route Im really looking foward to tom??? tongue.gif

same here laugh.gif *edit, wow Tom, I just noticed something, You're member 4449 blink.gif
Edit Edit: Boy, I feel stupid now, I just replied to a topic from 2 months ago

#12 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(therock @ Jul 12 2006, 10:24 AM)
I just replied to a topic from 2 months ago

That's because were rearranging the forums and topics - some of these old topics are bound to float to the top. wink.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#13 Guest_DMA_*

Guest_DMA_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:04 AM

I'm kinda stunned that after starting this topic on May 19th of last year, that we havent seen a 3dtrains route release yet.

I think this year is the year though for Marc to actually hit a few out of the park!

I'm gonna go ahead and plonk down some greenbacks for an Intel dual core rig with an 8800GTX video card this year, so that I'll be ready to run MSTS with sliders maxed out on all the 3dtrains route releases!

#14 Hack

Hack

The Big Kahuna

• 3DTrains Admin
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:49 AM

Got sidetracked (pun) on a few things over the past year and a half or so, including TMTS. Sherman Hill and the CSX Mountain Sub are still on the boards, but be aware that the Feather River is all Nalle and Rick's work, and they've been hammering away everyday to get it finished. It looks fantastic, and we should have some new screens for everyone shortly. smile.gif

Cheers!
Marc

#15 TomG

TomG

Dispatcher

• Beta Tester
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

Feather River is all Nalle and Rick's work, and they've been hammering away everyday to get it finished. It looks fantastic, and we should have some new screens for everyone shortly.

2 days ago is even shorter that shortly. http://www.3dtrains....showtopic=10549