Photo

The D&H PA at Schenectady NY

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#41 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:15 AM

Gaetan, a couple more things. The red and yellow on your engines are too dull. The prototype, even in the last days, were clean and bright, dirty on top but clean and bright on the nose. A closer match to Marc's F-units would make them seem like part of the Santa Fe roster with a little soot dusting on the upper surfaces, of course. tongue.gif

Also the numbers in the number panels aren't the right font. I'm not sure what they used, Clarendon, perhaps? But it was not the nonserif style you are using. I don't have a good shot of 69 but here's the 59 in the last days showing the color and the numbers.

Attached Files

#42 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:18 AM

And, even at their dirtiest, the colors underneath were vibrant. Photo courtesy ABPR.

Attached Files

#43 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:40 AM

Herb,

As far as I am concerned, the PA and the FA have to be my all time most favorite engine types and from your shot that PA even looks good in freight service.

While they won't, (at least the PA's) work well on my Piedmont Northern/Maryland & Pennsylvania, I do have one FA pressed into passenger service from time to time, they are going to get the running of their lives on my version of the Bridge Line, the Santa Fe units of Gaetan's will find a home there too.

I for one can't wait for these to be released as they look excellent in Rod's teaser shots.

Paul

Attached Files

#44 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:41 PM

The red and yellow on your engines are too dull

Gaetan is working hard (other irons in the fire) and this one is a bonus skin wink.gif . I am starting to regret posting the shots blink.gif

To even things out, here's something totally different.. Something snapped a few years ago at Walden.

IPB Image

#45 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:04 PM

Rod,

You must remember that Gaetan is the king of dirt. Over the years there was many a good natured jab between Gaetan and Tim Hunter over how dirty his units were and how paintshop clean Tim's were. To be honest the D&H PA and the Santa Fe PA are the cleanest units I can remember him ever doing. Brand spanking new clean or well weathered, Gaetan's Alco's are the best out there bar none and I can't wait for this set to be released.

So, as far as I am concerned, I am very, very glad you posted all those mouth watering pictures for us.

Paul

#46 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:29 PM

Me too Rod, and I guess I was the target on that last one. rolleyes.gif Sorry, Gaetan if I got carried away. We were on a feeding frenzy roll today! I know they'll be great! And it was your posts Rod that got us so excited! Keep 'em coming pal! tongue.gif

#47 Gbel2001

Gbel2001

Engineer

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

No problem Herb , this is the version i upload today

Gaetan
BLW

Attached Files

#48 Gbel2001

Gbel2001

Engineer

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:45 PM

And what on work at this moments

I know is not exactly the prototype of each cars but i thinks is good looking addon for PA

Gaetan
BLW

Attached Files

#49 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

Looking at the shots, it was probably my fault anyway - I haven't cleaned my monitor in 6 months laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nice coaches Gaetan - guys, you should see the interior of the Diner.

Rod

#50 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

Oh boy, oh boy! Things are looking up! tongue.gif

#51 darkflyer

darkflyer

ATSF Crosstied and Certified

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE(Gbel2001 @ Mar 13 2006, 06:43 PM)
No problem Herb , this is the version i upload today

Gaetan
BLW

Gaetan,

As soon as I am able to put my tongue back in my mouth, pull my eye balls back into their sockets I might mind you, just might be able to calm down long enough to wait until they are available. (Hallelujah!!!!) w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif teehee.gif blush.gif whistling.gif . See I'm calm. (Open, Open, Open,)

Cheers, Clif

#52 Gbel2001

Gbel2001

Engineer

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:19 AM

Thanks Guys

This is a preview , available this week on Valleypass Club Website

Gaetan
BLW

Attached Files

#53 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:17 AM

Clif, Matt, I don't think I'm dreaming, but Santa Fe Passenger Ops are getting ready for some serious additions and improvements! laugh.gif

Hey Matt, how are those heavyweights coming along? tongue.gif

Now, if I could just get someone to build a 3700 class 4-8-2............