Photo

GP38-2 HELP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 LVfan1106

LVfan1106

Railfan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:04 PM

I downloaded the Lehigh Valley route from Train-Sim and it's awesome! What I'd like to do is add to my collection of LV locos and I found the GP38-2 #324 skin which says it requires the Dekosoft GP38-2. I know it's payware and will totally buy it as soon as I learn how to go about it. My question is can I buy a single locomotive, ie the GP38? Or do I need to buy one of the advertised supersets of another railroad and apply the downloaded LV skin to a 38-2? I was only able to find the data CD for sale with the Pro Edition models on Cafepress.com. Should I buy that instead? Any advice to steer me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

#2 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(LVfan1106 @ Jan 28 2006, 05:04 PM)
I downloaded the Lehigh Valley route from Train-Sim and it's awesome! What I'd like to do is add to my collection of LV locos and I found the GP38-2 #324 skin which says it requires the Dekosoft GP38-2. I know it's payware and will totally buy it as soon as I learn how to go about it. My question is can I buy a single locomotive, ie the GP38? Or do I need to buy one of the advertised supersets of another railroad and apply the downloaded LV skin to a 38-2? I was only able to find the data CD for sale with the Pro Edition models on Cafepress.com. Should I buy that instead? Any advice to steer me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

Look at the read me notes for the reskin which will give you a clue to which version of Dekosofts GP38-2 was used. Then go over to Dekosoft.com and browse the sight for your locomotive. My guess is that it is indeed in a pack which you will have to purchase.

Its easy to contact Dekosoft and Chip does respond in a timely manner. My guess is he might even see this post and give you a reply here wink.gif

#3 dekosoft

dekosoft

Dekosoft Support

• Dekosoft
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

Yes, the Lehign Valley reskin requires a shape model originally found on the Conrail unit in the GP38-2 Pro Edition set. This is only available at the CafePress.com shop.