#1 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:34 AM

All:

While out making my forum "rounds" (looking for end-users having questions about VSC products) I happened to pause at one of the "virtual railroads" that host both the North Arkansas (StLNA) and the A&O: The Ohio Valley System.

As I glanced at their "Activities" forum, I was amazed at how many activities have been created for the StLNA and A&O!

If you enjoyed the activities that were supplied with these routes, and you're ready for more, I heartily suggest checking into the "virtual railroad" Ohio Valley System!

Seems like a pretty good group of enthusiasts that know their stuff in creating activities and enhancing the fun factor of MSTS!

For your convenience, here's a link to the OVS site:

http://or4c.com/OVSTS

#2 erdnay

erdnay

Porter

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for two great routes, Andre. Many of the OVS StLNA/A&O work orders were written by me, Alex Dunn, AKA Erdnay. And there are four or five more sitting untested in a testing area waiting to be published. I hope everyone has as much fun running these as I did writing them. Alex

#3 Joe Morris

Joe Morris

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:52 AM

Thanks for the "plug" Andre. Alex is one of our more prolific activity writers, and like most of our "authors", he creates great activities. We welcome those who enjoy your routes. We feature your routes, those of Rich Garber, and a few others. If you can't find the type of railroading you like at OVS, it probably doesn't exist for MSTS. BTW. Notice that Alex's "handle" is pig-latin for "Nerd".

#4 hoghead

hoghead

Track Layer

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:20 PM

If I were able to write an activity I would do the A&O first, since it is in my humble opinion the best route available. It remionds me of working some of the brach lines of the Souterhn Pacific out of Tucson, AZ. It has the look and feel of a country railraod. No other MSTS gives me the real feeling that the A&O does. Anyway, I'd love to see some more 'real' operational activities, such as you'd experioence on a branchline railroad.

#5 hoghead

hoghead

Track Layer

• Valued Customer
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:29 PM

If I were inclined to write an activity, I would do the A&O first, since it is, in my humble opinion, the best route available. It reminds me of working some of the branch lines of the Southern Pacific out of Tucson, AZ. It has the look and feel of a country railroad. No other MSTS gives me the genuine feel that the A&O does. Anyway, I'd love to see some more 'real' operational activities, such as you'd experience on a branch line railroad. Recently I downloaded a pack of activities called NA_DLW, but I don't know anything about them or how to install them. Can someone tell me how to make them work? Andre, we all wish you luck in your railroad career, but please don't forget the MSTS simmers who get their RR experience vicariously through such worlds as you create with routes like the A&O. You owe the World the fruits of your incomparable talent. hoghead

#6 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:47 PM

hoghead asked:

"Recently I downloaded a pack of activities called NA_DLW, but I don't know anything about them or how to install them. Can someone tell me how to make them work?"

That activity pack replaces the freeware supplied equipment that comes with the StLNA route with the equipment from the Davis Locomotive Works (DLW) StLNA Equipment Pack.

Here's a link to the update that tells all about it, including a walkthrough on installing:

http://www.3dtrains....?showtopic=7244

hoghead also said:

"...but please don't forget the MSTS simmers who get their RR experience vicariously through such worlds as you create with routes like the A&O."

I will try not to. Biggest hurdle is that creating a route and activities for MSTS takes such an agnozingly long time. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users