7 replies to this topic

#1 trainsim1

trainsim1

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:44 AM

I just downloaded the A&O sub, and when I was testing it near Eureka Springs I saw the paved road had grass showing through all along the road. Is that because I have X Tracks installed?
Here is a screenshot

Attached Files

#2 trainsim1

trainsim1

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

2. At a road crossing near the Junction.

Attached Files

#3 trainsim1

trainsim1

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:48 AM

3. I don't know if this is a problem or not.

Attached Files

#4 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

The terrain over the JPRoads is not an A&O Sub issue.

(However, some terrain pulled up in order to cover the railroad ties in some areas IS intentional.)

You have the add-on New Roads installed into your MSTS and New Roads has altered your default JPRoad shapes for you. (How nice.) This will make all routes that were built using the standard JPRoads appear as you now see. The only routes with JPRoads that will appear correct are the routes built using the non-standard modified New Roads JPRoad shapes.

You have a choice:

1. Leave the modified New Roads JPRoad shapes in place and accept the results on the A&O Sub that you see.

2. Replace the modified New Roads JPRoad shape with the STANDARD/default JPRoad system, and then see other anomalies on routes built using the New Roads modified JPRoad shape.

Don't you just love add-ons that change default shapes? If I sound a bit testy (not with you, by the way), I am. ALL add-on content creators should NOT alter a default GLOBAL shape for reasons exactly as you see: It penalizes those of us that adhered to the STANDARDS for compatibility.

FWIW: I believe I recall from previous end users with this same malady that a later version of New Roads contains a batch file to patch back/forth between the modified and unmodified JPRoads shape to address this issue?

#5 trainsim1

trainsim1

Conductor

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for the help, I'll try to find the batch file to change the roads.

#6 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:34 AM

I went back to the default, and to be honest I have rarely noticed any serious problems in routes with Newroads (tho' I don't tend to d/l those now, unless it is something special).

The improvement in the road textures for the A&O is well worth the minor inconvenience on "Newroad" routes (IMHO laugh.gif )

Rodster

#7 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:18 AM

This is another argument for my use of many mini-msts installations. I keep routes that require X-tracks, NewRoads, etc. separate from commercial add-on routes. It's also not necessary to use the bloated tsection.dat in such mini installations.

#8 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:50 AM

Good points, all. Each aspect pertinent to the issue raised has been noted.

I will now close this thread, yet keep it pinned for future customers that will have the same issue.

Edit 3/24/07: File reuploaded.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users