Photo

White River Pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 chripsch

chripsch

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:00 AM

Me wants the route (with water!) and John's next steam pack. Get to work, fella!

Well, Marc I can only join you! Can`t wait for our new toy the Great Pobaah is creating for us!

Especially the water I love!

Hi Christian:

The actual creek is comprised of a series of texture transfers. Are you familiar with using transfers in RE? I also use water "plates" for pools/larger bodies of water that are static objects and thus NOT tied to the tsection.dat, as would be the case if they were made to "snap" in place like roads/track.

Hi Andre!
With the route edtitor I am a quite newbie. The SR&RL will be my 1st step into it. So transfering textures into MSTS-edi is just still a little miracle for me wink.gif But with your tipps`n tricks I think I`ll be able to understand it a lil better soon. biggrin.gif
I just must get into the basics wink.gif
Anyway dear Andre, such extra-service like giving tips we find only at Vscalecreations! Thank you very much for beeing allowed to surf your forums!
Being every day more glad to know you, your routes and "our" VSC-family!

Christian

#22 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:40 AM

Well Marcus, I'm 'a workin', I'm a workin'! biggrin.gif

All:

Every now and then I see a scene that I really think is going to be cool. One such scene I offer below for your purusal.

It is nothing special, just a pic of a train leaving an incompleted St. Paul area headed for the ES&NA Junction a mile or so ahead. Yet, even though the scene is not finished, I like the way the track curves into town and the way the White River lays beside it. I also like the way St. Paul proper appears on the right in the distance.

I think the reason I'm liking this scene is because I've driven through this town many, many times, and as I did, I always tried to visualize the way it was "back then" in the 1890's. A time when the rails were in place and St. Paul was "a' blowin' and a' goin'", not just a sleepy little Ozark mountain town as it is today.

I think another reason I'm liking this scene so well is that I have a few pics of it from the 1890's, and this is very much the way it looked from this particular angle.

Time machine travel is cool.

Attached Files

#23 chripsch

chripsch

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:43 AM

Hi Great Poobaah you,

just one word: g r e a t!
The ON is already sold to me!
Keep on with this wonderful
lansdscapes!

Christian

#24 atsf37l

atsf37l

Railroad President

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:17 AM

Just one other word: WET! sweatingbullets.gif

That water looks like you could actually get wet in it! Really spectacular.

Arc lights and capped stacks and wooden cars and iron men. Yeah. With real rivers. You da bomb, Mr. Ming. smile.gif

#25 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:57 AM

Mr. Ming was reported by AP as saying:
Actually, tonight I've been taking a break from placing water. Created the textures and built a little handcar shed. Here's a quickie pic...

I reckonize that motorcar shed. Or at least it looks allot like one I know in down town fort's myth. Though the color looks a little "tweaked" from the prototype. wink.gif

#26 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:09 PM

Right you are Zickory Zachary Zock. That's the old SLSF handcar shed that was saved by the Ft. Smith Trolley Museum. When you period model, you learn to love museums!

BTW, I took the original photo on a "soft light" day, the color is pretty much as it appears on the bmp. After building it and placing it, I now think I need to go in and darken the red so to better match the red used on the depots. Hopefully, I'll get around to doing that once I'm home and at my computer that I use for development.

#27 TheGrindre

TheGrindre

Engineer

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

Just want to say that this is the best work I've seen so far, Andre.

About jumping fish. If you DL the new Seaview 4 route, you will not only see jumping fish but roller coasters that work and fish swimming under water and a number of other things animated that will blow your mind. How about a blimp floating accross the sky? Seagulls and birds flying around...

It's freeware and at Trainsim.com. I believe Seaview 4 and Full Bucket Line 3.03 are the best free routes out there. (My opion only.)

#28 zhilton

zhilton

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:03 PM

That would be interesting....sea gulls at St. Paul wink.gif . Some of the stuff that is created for MSTS is unique to say the least. blush.gif