Photo

Amtrak P30CH

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 BNSF fan

BNSF fan

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:18 PM

I know we have Amtrak lovers here, so could someone model an Amtrak P30CH?

#2 B32BWH

B32BWH

Engineer Trainee

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:32 PM

Theres a Good Chance that Mr. Beck over at streamlines has one up his sleeve, he mentioned a long time ago he had a hinkerin for one.................

#3 BNSF fan

BNSF fan

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:44 PM

I hope he make it for freeware w/ custom sounds & custom cab. With prototypical lighting. But I doubt he's making it for free.

#4 mjs2101

mjs2101

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

While we do like Amtrak, at present I don't think SLW has any plans for the Amtrak era. I think mostly the focus at SLW is steam, transition and early diesel era. I could be wrong, so maybe Eric will give a more definitive answer.

Mykel

#5 gerr

gerr

Dispatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(BNSF fan @ Oct 23 2005, 01:18 PM)
I know we have Amtrak lovers here, so could someone model an Amtrak P30CH?

Now that would be cool! cool.gif

#6 century242

century242

Dispatcher

• Sacramento Locomotive Works
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:25 PM

David Rowe was working on a P30ch. I have not heard from him recently.

#7 BNSF fan

BNSF fan

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:09 PM

I'll see if one of my modelers at MWLW can do it.

#8 trainman

trainman

Motorman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:38 PM

Any chance of one of the two F69s they tried out? Also there seems to be no Transition sleeper that takes the normal car door height to the superliner height.

#9 mikee

mikee

Railfan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

I'm really looking forward to this route ... and really there wouldn't need to be a whole bunch of changes to "update" it to the current era. Just a few stations, and a little imagination west of Crockett where houses are encroaching on the old industrial sites.

Were the "Pooches" ever used much in the Cal-P area? All I remember of Amtrak once the rainbow trains went away was F40's.

If you want to do current-era (since mid-1990's) Capitol Corridor Amtrak, train-sim.com has an adequate generic Amtrak California car and F59PHI in the library. A Cal-Amtrak P32BH would be appropriate for early '90's to current as well (several paint schemes including Pepsi Can were used). I haven't seen any Amtrak Horizon cars yet to make realistic trains with F40's or P32's (Horizons were used on San Joaquins and a few Capitols in the late 1980's and early 1990's before Prop 116 money kicked in with the California Cars).

The late unlamented FPM site had some very nice Amtrak California repaints of the Surfliner cars and locos - but they're probably gone. Site seems to be defunct.

#10 jb17kx

jb17kx

Stationmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(trainman @ Oct 25 2005, 04:38 PM)
Any chance of one of the two F69s they tried out? Also there seems to be no Transition sleeper that takes the normal car door height to the superliner height.

A prototypical Transition dorm is definately on SLI's list of Amtrak equipment...
Have a look here:
http://www.streamlin...topic.php?t=345