Photo

A&O Sub - speed limits

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 USRailFan

USRailFan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:10 PM

I am one of those weirdoes who prefer to use F4 (Track Monitor) while driving. Unfortunately the speed limits do not show up in the F4 view in the A&O Sub route - is there any easy way to fix this? Or any chance of a patch?

#2 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:13 PM

The short answers are, no and doubtful.

The long answer:

I was almost done with the route and was placing interactives. Some of the speed limits were misbehaving, and as I was removing/replacing, the route corrupted. Fortunately, I had a back up on hand. Consensus of those frequenting this forum was to go ahead and release with prototypical-type speed posts in place only. Again, consensus was that the F4 only helps when one isn't familiar with the route, and once a few trips are under one's belt, you begin to learn the railroad, as it is on the prototype.

A patch could logically be issued, but instead of a patch, per se, it would essentially be an entire new version of the route. Plus, I recall much more static object placement after the track objects were in place. (Typically this happens as I see "gaps" and "holes" that need to be filled.) Therefore, if I now revert back to a "clean" version (i.e. no track objects in place), much more work would be lost.

Probably not the answers you wanted, but at least I didn't try to use smoke & mirrors on you! blush.gif