Photo

Anywhere, USA - Tim Baldwin's Corner

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:26 AM

The three things I like best about Canton are Rich's attention to scenic detail, the variety of interesting activities, and the fact that it is not tied to any one specific prototype or era. My personal interest in railroads is quite broad, from the Erie, C&O, LV & NYC trains I saw in my youth, continuing through almost six decades of changes, up to the present day CSX, NS, CN and CP trains that parade past my back window at all hours of the day and night. Through magazines, books and videos, my railroad world expanded to include essentially the entire North American continent, so virtually anything is likely to turn up in one of my screenshots.

Rich Garber liked my screenshot work enough to include links to several threads here in the screenshot forum from his website. At his request, I'm posting links to the best of my recent Canton-Grove City shots here. More to follow...

Some L&N action:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Seaboard Coast Line:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Southern:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Norfolk and Western:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:30 PM

Tim,

Your shots and Rich's route are a winning combination and I am glad to see it anchored here. Best wishes.

Paul

#3 Hawk

Hawk

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:13 PM

Beautiful shots Tim. Sure a heck of a lot better than what I take.
It would be neat if you could pop over to my forum and post the set over there. It's mainly Railroad Tycoon folk over there and they might really enjoy your fantastic photographic skills.
The less-than-satisfactory shots I posted managed to get one of the RRT guys to buy TS. Maybe your shots will inspire a couple more. biggrin.gif

#4 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:42 PM

Thank you both. Hawk, Railroad Tycoon and I go way back. (and your sig always makes me think of Chief Dan George in The Outlaw Josey Wales...) I'll post to your forum first chance I get...

For now, a set of photos in 1024 x 768 resolution:

First, an ICG GP38-2 pulls a string of 40ft boxcars...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next, a look at the City of New Orleans, and guess who's performing in the lounge car...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Tom Rush recorded a Bukka White song back in the 60s called The Panama Limited that features some great acoustic slide. Here's a look at the train that inspired the song...

IPB Image

IPB Image

and finally, a sunset broadside of the IC City of Miami as it departs Grove City...

IPB Image

#5 Hawk

Hawk

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:45 AM

I'll post to your forum first chance I get...

Thanks Tim. I appreciate it. smile.gif I love that second set, especially the City of New Orleans shots. Where'd you get that set?
Next, a look at the City of New Orleans, and guess who's performing in the lounge car...

I was going to say Arlo Guthrie until I read your line about Tom Rush. laugh.gif
(and your sig always makes me think of Chief Dan George in The Outlaw Josey Wales...)

Well, that's quite a coincidence since that's where I borrowed it from. Probably one of Clint's best movies, IMHO. wink.gif

#6 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE(Hawk @ Sep 19 2005, 03:45 AM)
I love that second set, especially the City of New Orleans shots. Where'd you get that set?

they're all in the file library at train-sim. do a search on 'Hemb'...

I was going to say Arlo Guthrie until I read your line about Tom Rush. laugh.gif

Maybe it's Willie Nelson. If you download the set, check the #5 view...

(and your sig always makes me think of Chief Dan George in The Outlaw Josey Wales...)

Well, that's quite a coincidence since that's where I borrowed it from. Probably one of Clint's best movies, IMHO. wink.gif

it's a personal favorite here, too...

#7 pnrailway

pnrailway

Commissioner

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:15 AM

Tim,

Every time I think that you shots can't get any better you go and prove me wrong. These are fabulous!! I especially like the first two, (I like locals and switching the best), and then the others invoke strong feelings in me as well. Great Job!

Paul

#8 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:16 PM

Excellent shots Tim - especially like the first of the second set - looks like this could be a lo-o-o-ng sticky, and frequently visited. biggrin.gif

Rod

#9 moose49

moose49

Yardmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:14 PM

tongue.gif
These are just bootiful. Thanks for sharing.

#10 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:10 PM

thanks for the feedback, guys. I really appreciate it...

tonight's run features an Illinois Central loaded coal drag pulled by a trio of Alco C636s. Locos by Gaetan Belanger. Hopper textures by Steve Spivey. Atmosphere by Kosmos. Lighting by yours truly...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#11 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:18 PM

Belt Railway of Chicago GP10 doing some switching...

IPB Image

#12 Joe Morris

Joe Morris

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:02 AM

Isn't it amazing how almost any livery looks at "home" on Canton?

#13 milepost56

milepost56

Commissioner

• 3DTrains Moderator
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(Joe Morris @ Sep 22 2005, 06:02 AM)
Isn't it amazing how almost any livery looks at "home" on Canton?

Couldn't agree with ya more Joe, I think this route depicts "Anywhere USA".

#14 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:27 PM

Southern's Tennessean departs Grove City under threatening skies...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Atlantic Coast Line's Champion departs amid a November thunderstorm. This train actually drove out of sight from the photographer's vantage point...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#15 #1_loconut

#1_loconut

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:33 PM

Just bought the Trainartisan software- now I can't wait to get hands on those IC and ACL E units too!

Then I want to give Canton a shake. You guys sure do give somebody the "gimme's" laugh.gif laugh.gif

#16 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(#1_loconut @ Sep 23 2005, 12:33 AM)
Just bought the Trainartisan software- now I can't wait to get hands on those IC and ACL E units too!

Then I want to give Canton a shake. You guys sure do give somebody the "gimme's" laugh.gif laugh.gif

all the passenger train sets I've featured are avaiable at train-sim. search under "Hemb"...

#17 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:53 PM

another roadswitcher gets a workout...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#18 rgarber

rgarber

Dispatcher

• All Aboard!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:09 AM

All of them are fantastic shots. The very last one right above, that's the prettiest little country shot! Looks like where home oughta be. smile.gif

Rich G

#19 #1_loconut

#1_loconut

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(BLW_1946 @ Sep 22 2005, 10:51 PM)

Then I want to give Canton a shake.  You guys sure do give somebody the "gimme's" laugh.gif  laugh.gif

all the passenger train sets I've featured are avaiable at train-sim. search under "Hemb"...

Thanks for the search tip Tim biggrin.gif

Some great looking liveries there! IC is great! (The Kingdom of Rohan is interesting...)
Have a good one
Joe

#20 BLW_1946

BLW_1946

Commissioner

• Route Beta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(#1_loconut @ Sep 23 2005, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE(BLW_1946 @ Sep 22 2005, 10:51 PM)

Then I want to give Canton a shake.  You guys sure do give somebody the "gimme's" laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Thanks for the search tip Tim biggrin.gif

Some great looking liveries there! IC is great! (The Kingdom of Rohan is interesting...)
Have a good one
Joe

don't look for any Kingdom of Rohan screenshots here... wink.gif