Photo

All we need now is a good P-8!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 nighttrain23

nighttrain23

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:53 PM

Good work all! The 70-tonner sees extensive service behind my Kalispell Southern 2-6-2, and on the Kalispell branch. I look foward to the route, and maybe a P-8 go with it biggrin.gif
James M
Missoula, MT

#2 wpfan

wpfan

Stationmaster

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:40 PM

Speeking of P-8't the California State Railroad Museum just acquired one. I happened to be there the day they were moving it into the museum, if I had known better I would have had my camera with me.

#3 Surflegg

Surflegg

Station Clerk

• Valued Customer
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:10 PM

Wow... the 2467... and just a few months ago it was at the Golden Gate Railroad Museum. Well, next time I'm up in Sacramento, I'll have to go check up on it.

#4 nighttrain23

nighttrain23

New Hire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:30 AM

From what I understand it's being borrowed by the museam as a static display. There is a model of it out, but alas it falls so short of what it could be sad.gif

#5 mjs2101

mjs2101

Engineer

• Valued Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:54 PM

What, you were at a railroad museum and didn't have your camera?!?! tongue.gif

Sadly I wish I would carry around my camera more often as I sometimes drive by the freight yard here while I am out and see some cars I would like to have pictures of for reference. Maybe one of these days I will learn better. unsure.gif

It would be nice to see some of SP pacifics for MSTS. I know John Fowlis did a P-10 back in 2001, but there is not that much else available for SP passenger steam engines. Plus there is not many examples from different classes of the same locomotive, for any road!

Mykel