Photo

Ozark Lines Progress

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#101 august1929

august1929

Railroad President

• Commercial Vendor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:09 AM

However, at $18 for a 34 mile route with 30-40 hours worth of activities included... in my not-so-humble opinion  , the StLNA is one of the best play value bargains out there.

Echo that biggrin.gif

Rodster

#102 ruggus

ruggus

Track Layer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:08 PM

Hello,

Let me first say that I enjoy the St L & NA very much. It's nice to railroad around in a town my wife and I were married in.

I wanted to let you know, if you haven't already seen it, the article in the Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette about the Oklahoma lead mine. There are some historical photos of Picher mines, a really nice model and a scale drawing. Might be helpful for the O&N.

Also found this site with an exploration of what I think is the M&NA tunnel.

http://www.undergrou...om/holiday.html

BTW, does anyone know of a V scale power shovel, ditcher, track laying machine or some other huge load that will work on TOC? It would be nice to have 2-3 engines, idler flats etc. and spend a day horsing one of those from Seligman to Berryville or vis versa, dealing with speed restrictions, grades light bridges and rail , etc.

Thanks!

Mark Nerren

#103 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:28 PM

Hi Mark!

Welcome to VSC's forum! Thanks for purchasing the StLNA.

Married in the region, eh? Where at? Eureka Springs?

Off hand, I don't know of any TOC era equipment such as you mention. Perhaps if there is some, another V scaler will step in and share the info.

Yes, that would be the tunnel on the M&NA. As you likely know, it was simply known as "Tunnel" on the M&NA timetables.

#104 ruggus

ruggus

Track Layer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:05 PM

Andre,

Yes, my wife and I were married in Eureka Springs. We like that town a lot but don't get back there very often. Next time we go, I hope to follow a bit of the M&NA through where Walden and Pender used to be.
Anything left of the Kings River bridge?

I forgot to mention, on the Tunnel exploration site, there was a link to Rush, Arkansas also,
although some of the exploration amounts to V-trespassing.

Mark

#105 laming

laming

Robber Baron

• V Scale Creations
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:53 PM

> Married in ES...

Thought so. That's a popular place for marriages.

Where's home for you now? I live about 30 minutes S/SW of Ft. Smith, AR.

I expect about all you will see at Kings River will be the piers. No easy way of getting there, according to the map access to it would be about 1 mile's hike and on private property.

I fudged a bit on the mainline alignment north of Kings River on the StLNA. I located the main several meters over from the actual location so the simmer could enjoy the view up and around the Kings River peninsula.

Well, all for now!